Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my MY RWD for just over 6 months and my range is disappointing and I booked a service with Tesla last week to find out if there's any problem with the battery. Before I took the car in, someone called and he went through my history and said everything was fine and in fact I have done well - 1.2% better than average.

Here is my problem. I have been tracking my range for months with similar results :

I drove from 100% to 12% and only covered 271 km "Since Last Charge". That works out to be 308 km of range. My avg energy was 154 Wh/km, which is quiterespectable and i am a conservativedriver. Total energy was 44 kWh. With a 60 kWh battery, I should be getting 60/.154=390 km. And the actual consumption of 88% of 60 kWh = 52.8 kWh has a huge discrepancy vs 44 kWh on screen.
It was explained to me that what appears on screen only represents consumption on driving alone. The (52.8 - 44 kWh) 8.8 kWh was lost in other peripherals which he directed me to the on screen energy report which details Driving, Climate, Elevation, Others.... among other things. The on screen report does confirm what he said - only 2/3rd of the consumption is on driving and the other 1/3rd on the above-mentioned peripherals.

I had another round where avg energy was 170 wH/km and calculated range is about 260 km.

This is really disappointing and at less than 300 km range, it wouldn't work if I go on a longer trip. I rented a Audi e-tron in NZ where the publushed range was below 300 km but I managed to get 330 km.

I think I am going to sell this car and go for the Hyndai.
Dont think. Just sell.

You should receive the text a couple of weeks before your delivery as you need to book the pickup slot. I got mine 3 weeks before the available pickup dates.
Interesting, no texts other than the early one about preparing for it’s arrival. Nothing about a delivery date or location as of yet. If that comes weeks before then perhaps these shipping delays have hindered MEL deliveries much more than I anticipated.

Reactions: jcan and krylonos
My MYP order changed to March 20-31 the other day. First week order, but changed from SR to MYP in September. With the delivery window still 1 week away I’m optimistic that it’ll finally arrive.
This is where it gets so confusing for me, your order was first week, mine was first day within the first 2hrs, how can I have a much later EDD(14/Apr-5/May) than you? I think someone a while ago was right about Tesla’s EDD is just all over the place… at least that’s what I’m hoping for lmao…

This is where it gets so confusing for me, your order was first week, mine was first day within the first 2hrs, how can I have a much later EDD(14/Apr-5/May) than you? I think someone a while ago was right about Tesla’s EDD is just all over the place… at least that’s what I’m hoping for lmao…

That is strange, it’s not clear how the allocation is done. Tesla Chadstone told me there was a handful of MYPs that arrived in VIC, but the bulk of early orders is due with the EDD that I have now (March 20-31). I too am surprised you have a mid-April EDD if you ordered on the first day, truly strange.

Found my order date. 1 June. Tesla would like me to pay the outstanding balance now. EDD still showing 23-31 March. RAV had the vin number yesterday Final invoice also has the VIN number so I guess I have a car. .
Interesting , I thought there was a price reduction. HAH, bloody HAH.
I would like to delay it to April 6 when I am back in the country (wife can accept it as the rego details are in her name..) .
Chances of delaying the delivery ?. Should I hang off payment ?

Found my order date. 1 June. Tesla would like me to pay the outstanding balance now. EDD still showing 23-31 March. RAV had the vin number yesterday Final invoice also has the VIN number so I guess I have a car. .
Interesting , I thought there was a price reduction. HAH, bloody HAH.
I would like to delay it to April 6 when I am back in the country (wife can accept it as the rego details are in her name..) .
Chances of delaying the delivery ?. Should I hang off payment ?
I would talk to your SA directly. But if you don't pay in time then yes, I would expect them to give your MY to somebody else after 7d of non-payment awaiting delivery and put you at the back of the queue.

Also novated leasing…

Steps seem fairly straight forward. You buy it, novated Leader organises finance and all the rest, you’ll get notified about VIN allocation, final invoice and EDD. Once we get that info, invoice goes straight to the novated lease company to finalise the loan.
They’ll then issue a notification to your employer to start deductions.
All while we’re enjoying our new cars tax free :)
Did you have Cash order to begin with? Did you call tesla to switch to Novated leasing? If so, when did you do this call?

Thanks.

This is frustrating. Melbourne MYP day 0 order within first 10 minutes. I got “Delivery Approaching” message from Tesla early Feb and thus made the full payment. More than a month later my EDD is showing April 14 - May 5. What exactly is going on…
mate, we are in exactly the same shoes, i made the full payment on 30th/Jan, if i knew, i'd rather keep this 100k in my offset acc helping some interests charge...

Reactions: MyPWSyd and WhoMYP