Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found my order date. 1 June

Model Y orders didn't open until the 10th of June, can you check again?

Interesting , I thought there was a price reduction. HAH, bloody HAH.

Yes there was a price reduction on the 6th of January, but that was after a price increase on the 17th of June (a week after orders opened)
And then in February prices increased again.

Even with the price reduction in January it was still more than the launch price, so if you ordered in the first week then you have the best pricing.

I would like to delay it to April 6 when I am back in the country

With the massive port delays I would be surprised if you get an earlier date anyway.
The order agreement lets you delay by 7 days, so if you get a date of the 30th of later you can delay it till the 6th.

Reactions: cafz
This is where it gets so confusing for me, your order was first week, mine was first day within the first 2hrs, how can I have a much later EDD(14/Apr-5/May) than you? I think someone a while ago was right about Tesla’s EDD is just all over the place… at least that’s what I’m hoping for lmao…
This all very frustrating. I also ordered MYP within first 30 minutes of orders opening on 10-June. My EDD also currently showing April 14 to May 5. I also spoke to Tesla a few days ago about this and they couldn't understand my EDD as they confirmed my car is on Paglia ... which is hopefully being unloaded as we speak. It's further frustrating as I started paying off the balance when advised a delivery window starting 14-Feb as have daily pay-anyone limit so thought I'd do multiple payments over a few days to make sure I had car paid for at least 48 hours before delivery. Stopped payments when delayed to 19-Mar to 9-Apr EDD. Now I'm not sure what to do, every possibility my car could be ready for delivery next week although my EDD is showing April 14 ... if I need to have car paid in full at least 48 hours before delivery I need to complete payment this week ... but Tesla can't/don't give me any confidence of when I will actually get my car. Tesla really need to improve the information they provide ;)

• Informative
Reactions: Hugh L.
This all very frustrating. I also ordered MYP within first 30 minutes of orders opening on 10-June. My EDD also currently showing April 14 to May 5. I also spoke to Tesla a few days ago about this and they couldn't understand my EDD as they confirmed my car is on Paglia ... which is hopefully being unloaded as we speak. It's further frustrating as I started paying off the balance when advised a delivery window starting 14-Feb as have daily pay-anyone limit so thought I'd do multiple payments over a few days to make sure I had car paid for at least 48 hours before delivery. Stopped payments when delayed to 19-Mar to 9-Apr EDD. Now I'm not sure what to do, every possibility my car could be ready for delivery next week although my EDD is showing April 14 ... if I need to have car paid in full at least 48 hours before delivery I need to complete payment this week ... but Tesla can't/don't give me any confidence of when I will actually get my car. Tesla really need to improve the information they provide ;)
imagine none of the MYPs are on Paglia lmao....

• Funny
Reactions: Hugh L.
For those that now have their Ys (RWD), what energy consumption stats are you averaging?

For reference, we had one of the 2020 M3s and the consumption stats are better on the old vehicle vs the new M3 we also just took delivery of:

2020 M3SR+ 50Kw ~135Wh/km (I'm assuming NCA 54kw)
2023 M3RWD 62Kw ~150Wh/km (I'm assuming LFP 62kw)
2023 MYRWD ~?????

From what I can glean online, the LFPs are cheaper to build but less energy dense. Hence, a LFP battery pack has to be slightly bigger.

Assuming my figures for the new M3 are accurate (more time needed to get good stats), my conclusion from this is that the LFP cars might be cheaper to buy but more expensive to run because you need an extra 8kw of charge to get the same range as earlier. I'm sure 8kw per charge isn't big bikkies anyway but I found this interesting.

Please someone poke holes in the logic or at least share what their MYRWD efficiency stats are. Note if you fancy yourself as Dan Ricciardo when you drive, please feel free to leave your stats off :)
2022 MYRWD Lightly loaded (2 adults very little luggage 100/110kph freeway) ~ 155Wh/km. Noticed an around town figure (mainly 60kph zones but some slower zones) of 107Wh/km in heavy rain once.

Now your assumption of 62kWh for LFP is not what I see on my Model Y ie I only see approx 57kWh usable from extrapolating the percentages of battery capacity used to 100% from my data.

Yes there was a price reduction on the 6th of January, but that was after a price increase on the 17th of June (a week after orders opened)

Even with the price reduction in January it was still more than the launch price, so if you ordered in the first week then you have the best pricing.

With the massive port delays I would be surprised if you get an earlier date anyway.
The order agreement lets you delay by 7 days, so if you get a date of the 30th of later you can delay it till the 6th.

'You're Right. The invoice accept date was 06/01 , I actually placed order on 16 August .

Thks , will wait and see when the delivery date is.

Did you have Cash order to begin with? Did you call tesla to switch to Novated leasing? If so, when did you do this call?

Thanks.
Mine is a cash order through Tesla, then I gave over my Tesla order info to the novated lease company. Every update from Tesla, I pass on to the novated company and they do the rest, like final payment and what not. I’ve just left the Tesla order as cash, as that’s all they’ll see. Your loan will be with the novated lease company and they pay Tesla the lump sum, then you pay the loan through your pre-tax income.
You will notice a ‘loan’ on your credit file for the amount applied for through your novated lease company. If the price of the Tesla changes, you’ll just need to let the novated lease company know and they’ll adjust at final invoice (providing you’re still credit worthy :) ).
I have had to renew the novated loan details, as they expire every 3 months.

Just finished getting insure quotes for the MY Performance.
I know they vary depending on lots of factors, but other people's previous posts were helpful for me.

Allianz $997.15 per year

40yo, clean history, Gold Coast Hinterland, Market value, Excess to maximum ($2400), driven 20,000km-99,999km per year, standard Choice of Repairer. any Driver covered.

I'll probably tweak it slightly to go up to Agreed Value of what I paid ($104,899), and Zero Excess Glass Cover. That takes the premium to $1,069.02/year.

Last edited:
Ordered my MYP Black/Black on July 2nd. My EDD is still Feb-May with no exact date. How is it that people ordering after are getting priority? is it because i'm in Melbourne and is Sydney prioritised?
Well yeah your location has some part to play. There are still 10+ MYPs in inventory in NSW but none in Victoria. "tesla.com/en_AU/inventory/new/my?FleetSalesRegions=New%20South%20Wales&arrangeby=relevance&zip=2000"

Mine is a cash order through Tesla, then I gave over my Tesla order info to the novated lease company. Every update from Tesla, I pass on to the novated company and they do the rest, like final payment and what not. I’ve just left the Tesla order as cash, as that’s all they’ll see. Your loan will be with the novated lease company and they pay Tesla the lump sum, then you pay the loan through your pre-tax income.
You will notice a ‘loan’ on your credit file for the amount applied for through your novated lease company. If the price of the Tesla changes, you’ll just need to let the novated lease company know and they’ll adjust at final invoice (providing you’re still credit worthy :) ).
I have had to renew the novated loan details, as they expire every 3 months.
Hope the payment method on your order says "finance"? if not, you need to modify your order to reflect that. Otherwise, the payee details on your invoice will carry your name rather than that of your NL provider. I have been there. It took Tesla more than 2 weeks to issue a new invoice, and my VIN was changed during the process.

Hey can I ask what was the actual time you ordered on 10th June?

Cancelled my MYP order. Keeping my 2019 M3 "stealth". It was due for delivery today or so, but decided too much is currently in flux. Tesla was offering me 60,000 trade-in on the M3, which was OK, I guess.
I really wanted the MYP, but now I'll have to wait for the cyber truk.

Reactions: singo79