Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't speak for @WhoMYP but most MYP order people didn't get an email or sms when they placed their order. I know I ordered on first morning but I never wrote down what time it was and have no firm concept of when it was.
I did…

Attachments

• Thank you for your order.png
    Thank you for your order.png
    135.4 KB · Views: 61
Anychance anybody calling tesla agent today in Melbourne to see if any updates on their fleet management side?
Assuming work started for unloading cars yesterday…wonder how much longer to take cars across the road to new delivery centre
I just drove over the Westgate on the way to work and there are a lot of cars unloaded and sitting in the car park area. Couldn’t tell if there were any Tesla’s but beside Paglia there were a lot of vehicles

Reactions: Ash12
Just spoke to Tesla, indicated their system hasn't been updated over the long weekend in Melbourne and as such system isn't even showing Paglia as being docked yet. Indicated logistics team start at 9am and would start working through booking in all the cars on transport trucks out to the delivery centres. Indicated when this is done we should get an updated EDD in the Tesla App.
With regard to my own order and why I have an EDD starting 14-Apr when I ordered before others with a EDD starting 16-Mar he said it could be as simple as the order in which the cars where loaded onto the ship ... first on the ship, last off the ship ... and the trucks used carry about 8 cars each, so if last off the ship would be waiting a while to get transport to delivery centre :(

Just spoke to Tesla, indicated their system hasn't been updated over the long weekend in Melbourne and as such system isn't even showing Paglia as being docked yet. Indicated logistics team start at 9am and would start working through booking in all the cars on transport trucks out to the delivery centres. Indicated when this is done we should get an updated EDD in the Tesla App.
With regard to my own order and why I have an EDD starting 14-Apr when I ordered before others with a EDD starting 16-Mar he said it could be as simple as the order in which the cars where loaded onto the ship ... first on the ship, last off the ship ... and the trucks used carry about 8 cars each, so if last off the ship would be waiting a while to get transport to delivery centre :(
bugger...i will call them later in the day and will share an update, if any different...mine is still showing 16/3-31/3....

Reactions: joseph.luppino
You'd thought that it wouldn't take a full month for the trucks to transport all those cars to the delivery centre, would it? Let's hope the 14-Apr EDDs get brought forward soon...

Both Grand Mirafiori and Paganella have arrived at PK.
Turandot on its way to PK, by the looks of it.
There will be a flood of deliveries by the end of March (fingers crossed)!

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: krylonos
this sounds like another made up story.. one month difference down to trucks , I doubt it. Possibly the ones flagged as 14/4 have been identified as requiring quarantine cleaning, again just a guess

this sounds like another made up story.. one month difference down to trucks , I doubt it. Possibly the ones flagged as 14/4 have been identified as requiring quarantine cleaning, again just a guess
There are ~4000 cars per boat, a SA I spoke to said that it makes a decent difference if your car comes of the boat first vs last.

However, this must be a process that is slower than unloading the containers because the boats are in-and-out within 24h at every port by the looks of things.

Both Grand Mirafiori and Paganella have arrived at PK.
Turandot on its way to PK, by the looks of it.
There will be a flood of deliveries by the end of March (fingers crossed)!
If you look at your Turandot picture it says BNE => BNE. It looks like it's gone back out to the ocean to re-dock tomorrow if the data is believed. Also, it seems stationary in the water (unlike what we would expect if it were travelling down to PK).

Something has gone wrong at the BNE port with the Turandot I tihnk.

There are ~4000 cars per boat, a SA I spoke to said that it makes a decent difference if your car comes of the boat first vs last.

However, this must be a process that is slower than unloading the containers because the boats are in-and-out within 24h at every port by the looks of things.
Another benefit of full FSD would be more efficient driving on and off the RORO ships.

Reactions: Will910809
Okay, as expected the Paganella is standing by just outside of port Kembla. The less good news is that it's now set to dock on the 19th instead of the 17th. I consider it unlikely now that the Turandot's date won't also move.

The Grande Mirafiori is also hanging outside of Port Kembla with an unchanged dock date.

The Turandot has left BNE but for some strange reason the app says it's going back to BNE tomorrow. That can't be right. It's supposed to be on its way to Port Kembla now. Weird.

The good news is that it is still looking like our cars will be off the boat before next Monday. This is still the week for docking for all NSW/ACT orders with close EDDs.
Shipping all those cars by road is going to be a logistical nightmare.

Reactions: krylonos
If you look at your Turandot picture it says BNE => BNE. It looks like it's gone back out to the ocean to re-dock tomorrow if the data is believed. Also, it seems stationary in the water (unlike what we would expect if it were travelling down to PK).

Something has gone wrong at the BNE port with the Turandot I tihnk.

MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic

It looks like its South-bound. the "BNE => BNE" thing could just be an error.

Reactions: JNTOZ and krylonos