Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
any idea in your case when will the SMS be sent out to book your delivery? and have you already received sms/email "your delivery is approaching"?
Received the “your delivery is approaching” back in Feb from memory. Reason I called Tesla was trying to get idea of when I’d get SMS on booking of delivery … couldn’t get the answer to that, just what I wrote above. I’m really hoping with all the cars they are receiving between Paglia & Viking Passama they are wanting to get cars out to customers as soon as they can.

I'm still March 15 - March 31. No Delivery schedule sms received yet. Given today is 15 March it is looking like next week
When I spoke with them today they have said once they have the vehicle the turnaround is pretty much next day for pickup but who knows. I'm still hopeful it's soon, all other states have seen deliveries as soon as 4 days after the boat docked

Reactions: Tubular
My VIN is now showing in RAV :cool: (says entered 14/3).

Ordered 8 November, MYP White/Black, Gold Coast.

EDD got pushed back from this week, to next week at the earliest (was 13 March to 31 March, now 20 March to 31 March). May still be end of the month though, but that's ok.
Payment and registration paperwork was completed this week. Delivery SMS will probably be next.

Sorry to read about all the Port issues. Brisbane seems to be working fine luckily.

Reactions: Elite Display
My MYP order got a VIN assigned on Monday and shows entered in RAV on 14/03. However EDD shows TBD Delivery timing will be available soon. Has anyone seen this before? I'm not keen on paying out the final invoice until I have a reasonable estimate of delivery timing.
Yes I was TBD for quite awhile, I thought because I am in Tas and an extra step is involved using a flat tray truck to deliver to my address as no delivery centre here yet. It changed to a date range when they got sorted and has been stablish since. If your VIN is on the RAV you aren't far away now the port issues are resolving. At least the delays are known now. The cars on Paglia were expected at a DD range and then the fan got covered and the EDD meant nothing. I paid as soon as it was clear the car was well in Aus waters hidden VIN, RAV VIN, invoice. Tesla systems seem solid regards payment. I had zero intention of changing my mind and there are references to truck deliveries needing funds cleared a week before delivery, so I didn't want to be the cause of any delays. I did a test transfer (small) to make sure all worked and it did and just did multiple transfers to the total, they all turned up fine within a few of hours to a couple of days on the first weekend transfer.

There she goes, can't say it has been a sweet experience.

Attachments

• 1678915539604.png
    1678915539604.png
    860.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Funny
Reactions: Elite Display
Any black MYs coming through? Wondering if they’ve run out of paint
Yes, mine is black and it is in one of the three boats sitting just outside of Port Kembla now. You can see my EDD in my signature.

Also, while the default colour for Australian orders is white, the default for China is black. So it seems unlikely that they would run out of black Model Y's any time soon.

Last edited: