Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PPF and that includes a 10 year warranty
Well, I'd like to see you try to make a claim on that!
Wouldn't a new repaint of the car be cheaper than PPF, should the need arise?👍
I have kept my cars for 13 to 14 years and never needed PPF. regular washing and polishing only. The cars have maintained their shine albeit a few scratches and chips.

Is car with PPF easier to be washed?
I bought a Snow cannon which attaches to the Kacher for a contactless wash. Easy Peezy.... Dry the car using a battery powered leaf blower. Too easy....
For the MYP I also bought a bottle of Turtle Wax Ceramic Coating spray and will be doing my own Ceramic coating. Total cost about $150 which includes ceramic coating, Auto Glym snow foam, wash mitts, microfibre towels and foam cannon. I already had the karcher and the leaf blower.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcan and Hugh L.
I bought a Snow cannon which attaches to the Kacher for a contactless wash. Easy Peezy.... Dry the car using a battery powered leaf blower. Too easy....
I never had PPF and I thought PPF would decrease the frequent of washing...or unlikely becoming too dirty? I don't know but I hope someone with experience could gimme a solid answer for this. $7000 is kind of too much 🥹

Given the real estate the front of a MY covers I am considering PPF for front only ( just like putting on a 😷). I think some providers offer front end only. I feel ceramic coating is worthy given grizzlybears 🧸comments and industry knowledge. Also need to consider the harsh Aussie ☀️ compared to MY’s in UK for example. Having lived in UK I am prepared to pay a bit extra for ‘sun screen’ to protect our investments in Oz. Ceramic coating seems to be a relatively inexpensive and reasonable starting point.
I’m an engineer who also used to work in the motor industry and I can assure you that there is no greater example of snake oil in the modern world than ceramic paint protection, it’s absolutely pointless.

PPF sounds great but you’d want to get a hell of a lot of stone chips to cover your 7 grand.

Delivery tomorrow morning, let's go!!!!

Odered 8 November, MYP White/Black, Gold Coast.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2023-03-17-23-43-21.png
    Screenshots_2023-03-17-23-43-21.png
    128.8 KB · Views: 67
More than welcome to, I’d be happy to be corrected but I’m yet to see any evidence to the contrary. From a material’s perspective the premise of it doesn’t even make sense.
It would be interesting to hear both sides of a story when making a decision on a product or service - especially when people on this forum are making significant investments in their Teslas. Appreciate arguments for and against - any science based evidence would be helpful for a lot of members.

Reactions: Elite Display
It would be interesting to hear both sides of a story when making a decision on a product or service - especially when people on this forum are making significant investments in their Teslas. Appreciate arguments for and against - any science based evidence would be helpful for a lot of members.
There’s a really good video on YouTube by John Cadogan that covers the topic.

Reactions: hillgun and Dannerz