Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No mate, it is not a big deal ;). Let's hope they could arrange the appointment tomorrow as it is not long and far from Port Kembla - if it comes from there...someone may travel on the highway to shoot us some photos here today?
There is quite a few things they need to do after unloading the ship. They generally go off to the third party location (like CEVA) where the cars are inspected, cleaned, details and get ready for moving in daily batches to the delivery centres. This can take awhile depending on the workload and logistics.
I've seen people wait for up to a week to receiving their booking text after the ship has arrived and then the booking appointment be 1-2 weeks away.
It all depends on how many Teslas were on the ship as to how fast they can get them into the customers hands. If I had to put money on it, I'd say you won't be picking up this week and it's probably next week.

I was told that Teslas don’t usually share ships with others. Is that true?
Unfortunately this is not true. They have occasionally chartered a whole ship but the most common way cars get here is in shared ships with other manufacturers. Most east coast cars come on Armacup ships but the occasional shared or exclusive charter is also used when Armacup don't have enough capacity.

Are you asking the name of the ship? It's Grande Mirafiori.
Or the type of ship? They have a few names but generally just Vehicles Carrier
Sometimes that are called RoRo ships, or "RO" for short. This just stands for "Roll on, Roll off" and is pretty much the same thing as "Vehicles Carrier" since it describes how the goods get on the ship.

Terminal schedule out for today, not sure how to interpret it but does this suggest Grande Mirafiori will unload sooner than originally expected (Wed night)?
I don't know what the black means but, as the Turandot did not come forward at the same time I am inclined to disagree with that interpretation. I guess we'll know if it's still there on Wed.

The only real change that I can see is that the Paganella was moved back one day to Friday.

Put into perspective, I received the text message you guys received on 22 February 2023 and I picked up the car on 1 march (earliest date offered to pick it up). This was for my first MYP. Pickup was Alexandria.

I received the text message at around 11.30am regarding my second MYP. This time round, I’m picking up from Chatswood.
How many days after you received your delivery is approaching did you receive (not so!) express delivery text?
I just got my delivery SMS and email. Choice of 30 or 31 March. What a joke????:mad:
Which centre?

Reactions: krylonos