Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for some clarity - for those tracking the ships/unloading of cars, can you see your vin through the plug-in? have you been assigned a vin by Tesla? Or are you only expecting this to happen once it’s unloaded?

I can’t see a vin through vinfinder and looking to gauge how far off this thing is.

Looking for some clarity - for those tracking the ships/unloading of cars, can you see your vin through the plug-in? have you been assigned a vin by Tesla? Or are you only expecting this to happen once it’s unloaded?

I can’t see a vin through vinfinder and looking to gauge how far off this thing is.
You only can see your VIN once they assigned you one before your actual invoice comes up. Usually, you will have the invoice come up one day after they assign you the VIN. So, if none of the above happened, then nothing happened. So your vehicle is perhaps not been built yet.

These are my shallow understanding from my experience so far, I might be wrong at some point.

Reactions: grizzlybear
337285799_665801565547204_9017186712150095131_n.jpg

From another social media. Melbourne delivery this morning...

Last edited:
Damn. Wish Melbourne port could do the same. I heard on the radio that 17,000 cars are stuck at the port waiting clearance as of this morning.

They are getting through cars, just slowly, only because have seen 3 car carriers the past 2 days fully loaded with BYD Atto 3s. There is a holding yard for them outside my office at work so see them coming and going all the time.

It will be too silly if they report the actual numbers in customers' hands. I guess these numbers are how many offloads from ships, I am no expert.
My understanding is based on registrations - when car is formally handed over from dealer to registered keeper/owner. I
View attachment 920086
From another social media. Melbourne delivery this morning...
look at all those new born 👶 baby Teslas in the maternity ward awaiting collection by their new parents

If you look at the VFACTS for 2023.
Jan 2023
2927 Model 3
386 Model Y

Feb 2023
2671 Model 3
845 Model Y

The number of Model Ys been delivered to customers all over Australia 🇦🇺 is not that high
But they delivered around 10,000 of each in 2022 - and for Model Y they only started in August

Q1 4417 Model 3
Q2 236 Model 3
Q3 2631 Model 3 6739 Model Y
Q4 2230 Model 3 3341 Model Y

It will be too silly if they report the actual numbers in customers' hands

VFACTS only counts "delivered" cars.
And same for Tesla's reporting to investors, which is why they used to have a big push to have cars delivered before the end of a quarter.
They don't do that anymore.