Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow! This looks like Drone footage! Way to go @Jacky Wong !
@Jacky Wong Hi there Jacky, Angela here from the Illawarra Mercury newspaper (and soon-to-be Tesla owner 😬) Thanks for sharing the pics. Could you possibly give me a call as I’m working on a possible story about the arrivals in Port Kembla. 0418 425 278 is my number - thankyou

I purchased them from TESDADDY, someone got stocks in NSW in a storage warehouse and build this website via Shopify, clever dude.
I should purchase them from AliExpress, I only hope TESDADDY has solid quality control.

I booked the PPF and Ceramic coating, the guy will do them for me when they have got my MY.
Anyone bought from X-car before? Looks like the same item but significantly cheaper and free shipping as well.

Reactions: alliwantisaY
Morning Cherry is in Shanghai now.

Looks to be loading up and on schedule to be the next ship to arrive in Brisbane (early April), after Don Juan (late March)

It is out of stock, well, I should know this before I purchased from TESDADDY damn!!

Great to hear! Wonder if you will be taking your cat (the one with the Tesla logo nose - assume if a male cat his name is Elon) in your new MYP?
Hehe, one of our cats has been in the MYP already yes, white parked. The logo isn't her nose (they're females). But after Elon replied 'Yes' to a tweet in 2019 asking if the Tesla logo is a cat's nose, that had to be my TMC profile pic.
Good name though, if I get a male cat!
Not a great picture, but only had a few seconds...

Attachments

• 20230320_103029.jpg
    20230320_103029.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: JNTOZ
Alrighty, I'm locked and loaded for the 28th. Just got a call from the SA (what a champion) giving me the rundown on how delivery is going to work (this came with an additional text with similar instructions).

One tidbit that they said that is worth sharing here: they said that, right now in NSW, is "one of our busiest times ever". I think we are about to see a veritable tsunami of Tesla's on the streets. I'm not surprised since the Grande Mirafiori has done a runner down to Melbourne and the Paganella and Turandot are set to dock in the next two days (though have not checked todays schedule).

In the same boat, RWD ordered June 22 Red on Black QLD. Still showing 30/4 to 21/5. I've got my final invoice and rego paperwork all done, build date 5/3. My guess is that it should be on the Don Juan due into Brisbane 28/3, but the EDD dates don't support this, very odd.

Maybe it'll take another month for them to ship it to Jimboomba

It's a small world, I'm in Jimboomba as well! :cool: The only Tesla I regularly see is along Peppertree Drive (White Model 3). Good to hear there are going to be some more.

Maybe I got lucky and my Gold Coast delivery centre wasn't as busy as Brisbane. It's about the same travel time, and was down there more often for work.

It's a small world, I'm in Jimboomba as well! :cool: The only Tesla I regularly see is along Peppertree Drive (White Model 3). Good to hear there are going to be some more.

Maybe I got lucky and my Gold Coast delivery centre wasn't as busy as Brisbane. It's about the same travel time, and was down there more often for work.
Looks like I just got unlucky with choice of ships. Looks like the Tesla built that week went onto Mermaid Ace which dropped off at Singapore and is going to long way around, Brisbane last. Tesla's built a week later went onto Don Juan and bee lined to Brisbane. Makes the wait all that much harder.

Just thought I would check in with everyone to get some time lines. Model Y RWD, blue with black interior, ordered September 15. EDD still showing Feb - May.
Does anyone have similar timed orders with an updated EDD? Just seeing if I can narrow in a delivery window based on orders from around the same time. Thanks for any info!

Reactions: newMY22
First day, all that stuff finalised weeks ago. Feel like they have forgotten me. Might have to hassle someone.
Just thought I would check in with everyone to get some time lines. Model Y RWD, blue with black interior, ordered September 15. EDD still showing Feb - May.
Does anyone have similar timed orders with an updated EDD? Just seeing if I can narrow in a delivery window based on orders from around the same time. Thanks for any info!
Try your hardest to ignore the EDD, if you don’t have a vin by now expect May-June