Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my EDD changed from 22 - 31 March now to 25 March to 15 April 2023. I already had my VIN. This ship must have been huge as others have already booked in their pick up date.
There can be upto 4000 cars on each ship I think. The dock at port Kembla can house ~40000 cars. The Tesla SA I spoke to said that this is one of their busiest times ever.

Three ships full of Tesla's are arriving in Port Kembla this week.

It's all happening. They literally can't put the cars in people's hands fast enough.

Reactions: grizzlybear
There can be upto 4000 cars on each ship I think. The dock at port Kembla can house ~40000 cars. The Tesla SA I spoke to said that this is one of their busiest times ever.

Three ships full of Tesla's are arriving in Port Kembla this week.

It's all happening. They literally can't put the cars in people's hands fast enough.
Are you sure they're full of Teslas? I thought the Armacup ships were all shared with other car manufacturers.

Reactions: grizzlybear
Just had my EDD of March 23 - March 30 pushed back to March 29 - April 19.

Frustrating as I have sold my car as from 30/3 and won’t have any wheels to get to and from work.

Delivery location is Miranda NSW, Day 0 order about 4:20pm.

Anyone had this change?
My EDD has also just changed from the 23 -31 march to 24 March to 14 April. :( I've got the vin, but no delivery location. The sales guy said there's about 4000 Teslas on the boat...

• Informative
Reactions: krylonos
Has anyone noted a increase or decrease in original insurance quote if original quote lapses whilst waiting for delivery? Option is to take out policy and wait a few weeks for delivery or get new quote (valid for 30 days) and activate on delivery day. Sure this has happened to many given the constant change of delivery dates many are now experiencing.

Has anyone noted a increase or decrease in original insurance quote if original quote lapses whilst waiting for delivery? Option is to take out policy and wait a few weeks for delivery or get new quote (valid for 30 days) and activate on delivery day. Sure this has happened to many given the constant change of delivery dates many are now experiencing.
I started getting quotes when they first said our car would arrive in January, then Feb, and now late March. I didn’t notice much change overall (and frustrating how many insurers won’t consider the MYP) but I did catch a break when I used my financial planners broker code. Going that route it was about $300 year cheaper than the other quotes I received. One question they asked was, “how long have you owned a car of similar performance”. :eek:

To my surprise, it is much cheaper for both Allianz and NRMA.

FYI - Tesla can do everyday delivery.

Mine was 2pm on next Monday then I received a message that my Model Y is ready for express delivery then they called me and told me they can do Sunday. Basically they can also do Saturday and Sanday.

Once you have got delivery date, you can contact them to ask if the date can be amended earlier, other people may change their schedule so. Let them know if there is any available time that tell you first.

I regret I did not know this earlier....so I only can pick it up on Sunday afternoon. Sad face

Reactions: 1001
Just had a phone call from my SA this morning asking me if I could come in on Thursday 30/3 to collect the car.

Of course I jumped at the opportunity and am booked in for 4:00pm at the Miranda pickup location.

Sounds like Tesla are really trying to get vehicles into people’s hands, given they just called me out of the blue when my date was pushed back.

Attachments

• B47803AD-49D8-4DE2-A4D0-091A21AE6554.jpeg
    B47803AD-49D8-4DE2-A4D0-091A21AE6554.jpeg
    390.1 KB · Views: 59