Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had a phone call from my SA this morning asking me if I could come in on Thursday 30/3 to collect the car.

Of course I jumped at the opportunity and am booked in for 4:00pm at the Miranda pickup location.

Sounds like Tesla are really trying to get vehicles into people’s hands, given they just called me out of the blue when my date was pushed back.
that’s some good news with all the EDD changes - mine changed as well to Mar 26 - Apr 16.

Seems like they are doing their best as you say. I recall you are day 1 MYP order at 4pm. Meanwhile, yours truly ordered ordered at 2pm on day 1 and still waiting! Probably something to do with the fact that I still haven’t paid my remaining balance.

Reactions: singo79 and 1001
that’s some good news with all the EDD changes - mine changed as well to Mar 26 - Apr 16.

Seems like they are doing their best as you say. I recall you are day 1 MYP order at 4pm. Meanwhile, yours truly ordered ordered at 2pm on day 1 and still waiting! Probably something to do with the fact that I still haven’t paid my remaining balance.
If you financing the car, it is worth checking user-order URL to see if payment has been processed:

https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders

Also speaking with the Tesla Sales team the other day, they mentioned that information display on the Tesla website is lagging by 48 hours. Which could explain why people are starting to get phone calls.

Would it make a difference if you have paid in full or not?

On a different note, does the cars come with rear shelf now or is that still not included?
Not sure if outstanding balance should affect booking delivery. I have even read one instance on this forum that someone had booked delivery without final invoice (although it was finance purchase) - go figure!
If you financing the car, it is worth checking user-order URL to see if payment has been processed:

Also speaking with the Tesla Sales team the other day, they mentioned that information display on the Tesla website is lagging by 48 hours. Which could explain why people are starting to get phone calls.
That’s helpful to know. I am not financing; just chose to not pay until I receive book your delivery sms.

isPaymentPending":false

Does this mean my vehicle has been paid?? (no delivery date, no paperwork signed on my end?)

This is pure speculation on my part, but since we are so close to the end of the quarter and Tesla are pushing their sales targets so hard, it would make sense if they’re prioritising any orders which have fully paid.

Reactions: krylonos
This is pure speculation on my part, but since we are so close to the end of the quarter and Tesla are pushing their sales targets so hard, it would make sense if they’re prioritising any orders which have fully paid.
I paid in full and my EDD was converted into a real date. But I got my VIN before I paid and that has not changed. So...not sure if this one data point proves anything but there you go.

Reactions: wireblue
B0FEFE50-0016-48AD-9FFD-095E9BD1401E.jpeg

Finally got the car this afternoon in Canberra!

Has anyone noted a increase or decrease in original insurance quote if original quote lapses whilst waiting for delivery? Option is to take out policy and wait a few weeks for delivery or get new quote (valid for 30 days) and activate on delivery day. Sure this has happened to many given the constant change of delivery dates many are now experiencing.
Update: spoke to insurance company today advising of date shift of expected delivery. Original quote expired today - new quote (valid for 30 days) only increased by $12 for full year.