Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have switched color of MY RWD (OD- 23 Sep 2022) from MSM to Blue. Does any one know if this change will have an impact on the EDD?

PS: So far no VIN has been assigned, EDD is still Feb-May 23.
I've changed my spec a couple of times and the ETA hasn't changed (still Feb-May)

Tesla rep said the same thing, no changes to ETA until your VIN is assigned. After a VIN is assigned if you make changes it will depend if there's a matching spec available or you end up in the next available batch

Reactions: LandJerky
Ah, that paints a pretty clear picture then, thanks.
Visited Devonport Autocar Services today, Monday, doesn't look like any change in count, about 50 plus Ys and 20+M3 but who cares? Some pictures to answer the question, is mine this one or perhaps one of these two?

Attachments

• 20230327_153506.jpg
    20230327_153506.jpg
    592.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 20230327_153207.jpg
    20230327_153207.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 30
Is this for MYP order?
Yep sure is - spoke with Tesla Sales this morning and they have confirmed all items are in order and nothing is outstanding.

The VIN can be found on the Register of Approved Vehicles Search, which now has me guessing on the actual Tesla fulfiment proces. The one question I did not ask Tesla Sales, was if the car has been registered, if so what is the registration.

So my guess is the MYP is off the ship in Australia and is queued up for detailing and notificaion for pickup will our once the detailing has been started or completed. However, this is sheer speculation on my behalf and the car could be still sitting at Port Kembla waiting to be transfered to Miranda/Alexsandria for collection.

Sigh - back to waiting...

Reactions: MyPWSyd
Yep sure is - spoke with Tesla Sales this morning and they have confirmed all items are in order and nothing is outstanding.

The VIN can be found on the Register of Approved Vehicles Search, which now has me guessing on the actual Tesla fulfiment proces. The one question I did not ask Tesla Sales, was if the car has been registered, if so what is the registration.

So my guess is the MYP is off the ship in Australia and is queued up for detailing and notificaion for pickup will our once the detailing has been started or completed. However, this is sheer speculation on my behalf and the car could be still sitting at Port Kembla waiting to be transfered to Miranda/Alexsandria for collection.

Sigh - back to waiting...

It won't be registered until the day before or the day of collection. Too many people would whinge about it being registered before pick up and them paying for days of registration not used :(

Just got my rego in NSW starting EXZ, was kinda hoping FAA being an aviation geek. Picking up the car tomorrow. Rego expires 25 Mar 2024.

Had to get a free ppsr report offered by budget direct to do a Vin search for the plate number as the car is company registered and can't be linked to my service NSW account...

Reactions: 1001
Just received the dreaded EDD update . The last one ended in 31 March now is 30 MArch to 20 April, 3 weeks again, one step forward three wks back. From the look of Autocare Services Devonport I am wondering if the size of the influx with Australia suddenly being a strong export focus by Tesla, has over-whelmed the local delivery system. The cars look nearly delivery ready, no plastic trim external covers (not sure Tesla uses them actually), there are yellow windscreen labels still present.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but spoke to Sales yesterday about the UMC as my EDD kept moving backwards. Apparently all cars built before 27th Feb will get the UMC regardless of when its delivered.
They told me the same thing recently. As my EDD is still Feb-May (MY RWD, red, white, Gemini, ordered late Oct '22), they suggested that I order a UMC and send it back for refund if I end up receiving one with the car.

Reactions: advertisingfre