Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure how 80kms makes much difference on a long road trip, 800km trip would still likely leave you needing to charge 2-3 times no different to the standard range. If it was 150km + I could maybe justify it.
Not sure that AWD makes much difference to overall safety, so don’t buy that argument. Does it score any higher on ANCAP?
Otherwise enjoy dragging ICE cars in traffic for the extra $15k premium, each to their own 😂 everyone’s circumstances are different, all the best
Oh, I forgot to mention faster charging too. Not a deal breaker the RWD at 175KW but still 75KW slower than LR.
IMO, all the little things add up to a better all round vehicle. But, I had ordered the RWD before the LR was released and I'm sure I'd have loved it. But for me the extra money was a no brainer. To me the LR is the 'sweet spot'.

Reactions: iNcHeS and GoneEV
I should also mention the Chrome extension did F’all in the way of forecasting this.

Have you requested a quote on a trade-in with Tesla? Or have you missed completing any of the steps, like choosing cash vs finance?
Either of those will prevent the "hidden" VIN from showing up in your source code, which is where the Chrome extension finds it.

Not sure if anyone has actually benefited from the Chrome extension recently by the way of advanced knowledge of VIN allocation

Yes many people (including myself) have had great success with the Chrome extension - but as I mentioned it only works if the VIN is in the source code, which only happens if nothing is outstanding.

Otherwise you have to wait for the invoice and rego papers to show up, which normally happens a few days after the hidden VIN (4 days for me)

Reactions: Dannerz
Have you requested a quote on a trade-in with Tesla? Or have you missed completing any of the steps, like choosing cash vs finance?
Either of those will prevent the "hidden" VIN from showing up in your source code, which is where the Chrome extension finds it.

Yes many people (including myself) have had great success with the Chrome extension - but as I mentioned it only works if the VIN is in the source code, which only happens if nothing is outstanding.

Otherwise you have to wait for the invoice and rego papers to show up, which normally happens a few days after the hidden VIN (4 days for me)
Selected finance, no trade in. It is unbidden the same day that the EDD changed in Tesla

Given the shipping schedules I'd say its most likely that the Tesla's being delivered in Victoria are coming down via truck/train from NSW.

Judging by this photo shared on a FB Group this morning captured at Glenrowan Service Centre on the way to Melbourne along the Hume Fwy it seems so. Not my photo.

Same changed for melbourne delivery for me 1 May to 22 May
S

Same for me, also Melbourne delivery.
What are your order dates, just out of interest?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230421_080029_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230421_080029_Facebook.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 93
Last edited: