Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shipping Update:
- Don Juan has finished its business in Port Kembla and is heading to other parts of Asia. Won't be seeing this vessel in Australian waters until at least June.
- Viking Passama... now a week behind schedule. Hasn't docked in Brisbane yet but should see some movement soon.
- Paganella is waiting to doc in Brisbane. Should be today (24/04) according to Public Pages
- Morning Crystal is due to arrive in Brisbane on 29/04
- Turandot is in Shanghai picking up more cars. Armacup has changed the route for this. The vessel was originally going to Brisbane first but is now going to arrive in Melbourne first on 10/05. It makes sense since there are already 3 ships waiting to unload cars in Brisbane.
- Morning Cherry has not officially arrived in Port Kembla but is close. Originally supposed to dock on 16/04
- Paglia has been renamed to Viking Paglia and is mid-way through dropping off cars to our international neighbours to the East of us. It will then go back to Shanghai for more cars.

Has anyone in Brisbane received their VIN/hidden VIN/text recently? Seeing as Viking Passama, Paganella, Morning Crystal are all close by. Would seem strange if there's no action on that front.

Until then, hang in there everyone. I'm still optimistic about getting my car in the "Feb-May" bracket.
Also, for those chosen few on Palmela, ETA into Brisbane is 28 April according to their website. Currently just out of Bass Strait and making its way up the East Coast. Left Adelaide three days ago. Next stop, Brisbane I think.

[Add -> EDD still 1-21 May. No change yet on this delivery range but I'm hoping given we were a late July order, we'll be one of the first off]

Reactions: chbchb
Do we have anyone who had EDD in Jan-Mar or Feb-April and have not got VIN or delivery delayed. If not we can be hopeful until we get our EDD window changed. also what I heard is Tesla has a tendency to delivery only in the last month of the quarter.
There are definitely people who had April delivery dates that have been delayed to May. If memory serves me right they were in QLD specifically. Maybe WA too. It you check a few pages back you'll find it. Either here or in the other Australian Feb-May gang thread.

Huh, I had no idea that thread existed. I wonder why it's in the main forum not this Aussie specific one.
Yeh i only saw it by chance on the Similar Threads button at the bottom of the web browser. Thought it wasn't active but clicked into it and it was.

I have some movement on my order. Feb-May changed to TBD today, too. ""is_vin_assigned":true" has updated from false in the source code too on my order page.

Feb-May changed to TBD today, too. ""is_vin_assigned":true" has updated from false in the source code too on my order page.
Have you searched for a hidden VIN with this Chrome extension?

If you're trading in a car to Tesla, or haven't completed all the steps (eg filling out finance details) then those can prevent the hidden VIN from being there.

Reactions: grizzlybear

If you're trading in a car to Tesla, or haven't completed all the steps (eg filling out finance details) then those can prevent the hidden VIN from being there.
We have trade in filled out but how does it work? We entered the trade in information back in December when we placed the order.
How long does the vin and trade in process take?

How long does the vin and trade in process take?
They won't actually process your trade-in until they know your car will be delivered soon.
They got burned too many times giving people trade-in offers and having to revise them months later.

The good news is you can cancel your trade-in request now and add it later.

I never had a trade-in but they kept emailing me saying "it's not too late" until about 3 weeks before delivery.

Your new Tesla Model Y will be available for delivery soon with an ETA tracked from your Tesla Account. It’s not too late to take advantage of our simple online valuation process.

You can a request a no obligation valuation by replying ‘YES’ to this message and we will re-open the Trade-In section of your Tesla Account www.tesla.com/teslaaccount.

• Love
Reactions: grizzlybear

Yeh tried the Chrome Extension but it didn't come up which is why i went into the source code.

Not trading in a car and paying cash so should be nothing holding it up hopefully. Have completed all the steps they asked so will just check over the next few days.

Yeh tried the Chrome Extension but it didn't come up which is why i went into the source code.

Not trading in a car and paying cash so should be nothing holding it up hopefully. Have completed all the steps they asked so will just check over the next few days.
As long as you have filled in the registration and finance/cash option the VIN should pop up.

If buying for a company, you need to upload the company docs as well.

Last edited:
Hello. May I ask whether the suspension is different than the one you may have test driven before purchasing the car? I am wondering whether cars delivered now are the ones from Shanghai with the comfort suspension.
Hi Gubes,

i see you are in Hong Kong accordjing to your signature and this is an Australian Model Y thread. However to answer your question it has been confirmed here that all Model Y's manufactured for Autralian delivery since at least January this year have had the "new comfort suspension" ex-Shanghai. If you are asking about Hong Kong deliveries, then most here including me would have no idea.

cheers

I was disappointed recently to see Tesla have cancelled two superchargers north of Rockhampton. They were initially planned for Q1 this year, then Q3, then cancelled.
They were removed from the map, but that doesn't necessarily mean "cancelled". We have seen other examples, eg Lancelin WA, where the site was removed from the map but we know through council documents that they are still working with council on the site.

We've also seen lots of sites not appear on the map until they were fully open. Basically the operation of the Supercharger map is ineffable.

Reactions: JonDarian
Hi lad,
New to the forum here, place my ModelY RWD sliver, black interior, Gemini back in mid March 2023. Expected deliver date shows Apr -Jun at this stage.
As saying even new order place in today will still get expected deliver by the end of June is that mean I have a high chance to receive my car before end of financial year?
Btw I’m from Sydney.

As long as you have filled in the registration and finance/cash option the VIN should pop up.

If buying for a company, you need to upload the company docs as well.
What about if you are going with novated lease , as the orders are getting delayed, is it worth updating the finance details so early…. As somebody might change the job who is going with novated lease , and since it’s not yet settled owner might have to change the finance options at later stage….

Last edited:
Just for the newer guys (and the guys waiting awhile with some movement finally), I’m gonna throw some resources down to help track your ship down.

Firstly, if you can’t be bothered to do your own research, use the following link and be prepared to pay but the information and community are good, Vedaprime – Vedaprime Tesla Tracking

If you’re more like me, here’s some resources:

This will find a vin through chrome on desktop. It won’t work if you have a trade in pending. Of course you can manually search your accounts prepare for delivery page source code.

If you have a vin hidden or on an invoice, use this link and throw it in. If it finds a result, click itinerary and you’ll have your information your after, if not, well that sucks as now it’s more a guessing game.

These guys run routine vessels from Asia to aus. The ones coming directly from Shanghai are more likely to carry teslas, ones that still stop at Shanghai and via elsewhere also have a decent chance. These ships do carry other car brands as well though so it’s never guaranteed to be carrying any teslas.

Other things to look out for is port schedules. Brisbane, port Kembla and Melbourne all have a page. Check to see if you can narrow it down by looking at where the vehicle carriers are coming from. Also note it will generally be a armacup or molace ship. There have been chartered ships in the past few quarters from different shipping companies but no evidence so far this quarter.

The shipping situation has been terrible this year so far. Delays at almost every aussie port with Melbourne hit the worst. These delays are flowing on and affecting schedules everywhere. Some shipping companies are skipping ports and trucking it to other cities. We’ve started seeing molace be used for the east coast via Singapore as a holding ground. There’s been cars stuck there for months in Singapore like my own still is. If you did just get a vin, congrats, but buckle up coz it’s going to get even worse unless your part of the lucky some on a ship direct from Shanghai, then your only battle is getting through the port itself to the delivery centre. Soz for the long post, just wish I had something like this to start with instead of pestering others.

Edit: also to add, I’ve seen vins assigned before being loaded onto ships at Shanghai but usually it occurs up to a week after departing shanghai. If yours shows TBD, it could be anything like it hasn’t departed shanghai, teslas given up hope on making an edd but more than likely it’s going to be thrown on a truck carrier from another port.