Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure what's happening to my order and if I need to ring up my SA.

Order date of 4th Jan in Melbourne. Blue/black/Geminis.
Got the VIN assigned text and email last Friday.
Got the date range today - May 22 - June 12
I don't yet have the final invoice. Anyone else in the same situation?
I finally got my hidden VIN, and a date range of 26 May - 16 June. Given it's a couple days after you (with same specs), it smells like we must both be on the Turandot, and they're trucking my car up from Mel to NSW via freight - hence the 4-day delay.

Reactions: mkev
Anyone with a build date on 21/4? Have your EDD got changed recently? Mine one still showing 8/5 - 29/5 which I don't think they can make it
Yeh I do and my EDD is still TBD. But I'm in Melbourne that has its own rules basically. The Turandot ship arrives in Melbourne on Wednesday then heads up to Brisbane arriving on the 15th (maybe now 16th as its arriving a day later in Melbs). Our cars are probably on that ship.

Last edited:
Anyone with a build date on 21/4? Have your EDD got changed recently? Mine one still showing 8/5 - 29/5 which I don't think they can make it
I have a 21/4 build date (white/black/gemini) ordered 8/12/.22. my edd is still 9-30/5. Most likely on Turandot which is a few days off berthing in Melb. I'm not expecting delivery by the end of May for Brisbane though, unless they can get the cars through the port in Melb quickly and then truck them up to Brisbane - not a likely outcome as it looks like the next stop for Turandot is Brisbane. Most likely sometime in June (or even July) and I am OS June so I may end up missing the delivery experience.

Has anyone so far NOT received a UMC/UMC Credit with their car? (I know its ending/ended... but still) Will final invoice confirm if you get one?
Or has anyone received one when they expected NOT to?

Unsure if I buy UMC now or wait until car gets delivered
Most people didn't get a UMC credit. The credit was intended for people who ordered quite early, but their car wasn't delivered before the end of March.

Reactions: grizzlybear
I finally got my hidden VIN, and a date range of 26 May - 16 June. Given it's a couple days after you (with same specs), it smells like we must both be on the Turandot, and they're trucking my car up from Mel to NSW via freight - hence the 4-day delay.
I'll update my build date once I get the invoice. That'll give an idea on if it's really on Turandot. It left Shanghai on the 25th April I think.

Has anyone so far NOT received a UMC/UMC Credit with their car? (I know its ending/ended... but still) Will final invoice confirm if you get one?
Or has anyone received one when they expected NOT to?

Unsure if I buy UMC now or wait until car gets delivered
Chatted with a Tesla Melbourne support guy a few weeks ago. Was told if you placed the order before 8/7/2022, you will get a voucher to redeem the UMC from the website.
Got my voucher, redeemed on Saturday and received the UMC on Tuesday.