Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have ordered a My RWD on the 13/11/22 Melbourne. I received a Vin on the 5/5/23 and an Edd of 22May to 12 June. Knowing that Turandot just arrived today at Melbourne, probably means that my car will not be on this ship, the next ship that arrives at Melbourne is Morning Cherry on the 1/6. What would be the estimated time it takes for the car to be unloaded, then transported to the delivery centre? Or is my car maybe on Turandot, also i do not have build date/invoice.

My MY RWD Grey color / black interior / 19" Wheels - OD: 24/12/22 and got the EDD 26/5 - 16/6 and got the Final invoice as well - Very excited :)

Can someone tell me what happens next, when do we get the actual date of delivery? do we get option to select and schedule when we can collect the car?

Secondly wanted to get some guidance on the Charger - Tesla charge vs Zappi? what do you guys suggest?

Hi,

I have ordered a My RWD on the 13/11/22 Melbourne. I received a Vin on the 5/5/23 and an Edd of 22May to 12 June. Knowing that Turandot just arrived today at Melbourne, probably means that my car will not be on this ship, the next ship that arrives at Melbourne is Morning Cherry on the 1/6. What would be the estimated time it takes for the car to be unloaded, then transported to the delivery centre? Or is my car maybe on Turandot, also i do not have build date/invoice.
Your car is most likely on the Turandot which is docking tomorrow morning now I would imagine. I ordered the same time as you and have similar EDD and imagine Tesla are giving a month extra for port delays. Message Tesla if you have no invoice yet, you should have it by now. I got mine a day after my vin got assigned. When did you get your vin?

Here we go! Delivery has been scheduled for Weds 17th May at Miranda. Had the option of either 17th or 18th.

OD 26/12/22

Latest EDD was 9 May - 30 May. Was 30 April - 1 June at one point.

Build date 3/4/23

White/white/20”/RWD

Guessing it was on Turandot?
Definitely not Turandot - that docks in Melbourne tomorrow morning. It was probably Viking Passama unless it's being transported down from Brisbane and was on Paganella or Morning Crystal.

Here we go! Delivery has been scheduled for Weds 17th May at Miranda. Had the option of either 17th or 18th.

OD 26/12/22

Latest EDD was 9 May - 30 May. Was 30 April - 1 June at one point.

Build date 3/4/23

White/white/20”/RWD

Guessing it was on Turandot?

Congrats. I reckon you're on Passama.

I've got the same configuration as you and in Sydney, ordered just 2 weeks after you, yet mine was built on 24/04.

Let us know if you got anything re: a UMC. I know we shouldn't expect it, but just hoping someone can confirm there's no voucher or physical UMC on pickup.

Congrats. I reckon you're on Passama.

I've got the same configuration as you and in Sydney, ordered just 2 weeks after you, yet mine was built on 24/04.

Let us know if you got anything re: a UMC. I know we shouldn't expect it, but just hoping someone can confirm there's no voucher or physical UMC on pickup.
I ordered two months before you, build date 21 April, and am definitely not receiving a UMC with the car (due sometime late this month).

Same here unfortunately. Edd was 7-29 May for early Dec 22 order RWD White, Black Interior, Induction Wheels, Brisbane, build date 21/04.

Discovered tonight its updated to TBD. Was guessing it was on Turandot so must be waiting to see what turnaround time out of Melbourne is like although Port of Brisbane is a mess a present by look of number of vehicle carriers off the coast.

Yes, you are right. I was assuming that you were intending to buy an FBT-exempt EV (i.e. priced under the LCT threshold), and were trying to defer the purchase to next year in order to be eligible for the FBT exemption. In which case, I was pointing out that the exemption is available now.

If you are buying over the LCT threshold, and therefore want to defer purchase until after June 30, your best bet is to phone Tesla and talk about it. They might be able to slide you back in the queue, but they might also treat it as an order cancellation and make you start again. Good luck, I hope it's the former option.
I’m fine with it being cancelled so long as the order fee isn’t taken

Reactions: JonDarian