Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You'll get a choice of a few possible pickup times and have to schedule one of them.

I would get the Tesla wall charger - it's a nice unit, well built and great value.

I do not believe you will ever make back the additional cost of the Zappi through avoided grid imports. You can get most of the way there through scheduling charging for typical solar generation times; or, if you have a compatible inverter, the software solution of ChargeHQ.

(But start a new thread if you want a wider range of opinions, this thread isn't the best place for broader questions like that)
Thank you @cafz on your suggested and thoughts regarding the charger. Appreciate!

Thanks for replying
I got my VIN on 5/5/23.
But then I called tesla re-registered from a person vehicle to my companies vehicle to save on taxes. Does that affect the final invoice?

I just got the delivery is approaching text and VIN now showing up in RAV, so put yours in and see. Confirms that mine was on Turandot that unloaded this morning.

Got my txt and email last Friday that my Model Y has been assigned, yesterday I got the txt and email that my final invoice and registration document are available. Perfect timing as I need it before EOFY. Just wondering when I should complete the registration form. Very Excited.

Order date: 17/03/2023 (Sydney)
Design detail: Model Y RWD, White, Black interior, 19" Gemini
EDD: May 26 - June 16
Build date: 26/04/2023

It's happening, good luck to all that are still waiting. Should be any day now 🫰.
Same for me, with same details as you. I have already sent the rego form back to Tesla

Is it just me or did Turandot go straight into Port of Melbourne with no delays whatsoever?
Looks like the smoothest docking yet. Is congestion finally easing in Melbourne?

Not entirely sure how it works but it was a day late on arrival, even though nothing else has been at Webb Dock West all week. It seemed to wait off the coast near Byron for a day or so, so not sure if there was anything else at play.

Pics attached are where they store the cars at the port, very tempted to drive by and have a peak. If only I had a drone like the guy at the Shanghai Factory & Port on YouTube haha.

Attachments

• tesla loc 2.png
    tesla loc 2.png
    2 MB · Views: 70
  • tesla loc.png
    tesla loc.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 33
  • Love
Reactions: bean2006
Not entirely sure how it works but it was a day late on arrival, even though nothing else has been at Webb Dock West all week. It seemed to wait off the coast near Byron for a day or so, so not sure if there was anything else at play.

Pics attached are where they store the cars at the port, very tempted to drive by and have a peak. If only I had a drone like the guy at the Shanghai Factory & Port on YouTube haha.
This may sound silly, but I am curious on how do they park each car, is there like a towing vehicle to place the car or do they park every single car by hand?

I just got the delivery is approaching text and VIN now showing up in RAV, so put yours in and see. Confirms that mine was on Turandot that unloaded this morning.
Interesting, thanks for the information, I tried check RAV, it just says that there is no 'record for this search'. Does that mean my car was not on Turandot, by the way my edd is may 22-june 12. Also I have no invoice or "delivery is approaching text".

This may sound silly, but I am curious on how do they park each car, is there like a towing vehicle to place the car or do they park every single car by hand?

They drive them and park them from what I know, there was someone in a one of the Tesla FB groups who worked at the port and posted in Jan that she'd spent the day driving them off. They do that in Shanghai to load them on to boats - check this out.

Interesting, thanks for the information, I tried check RAV, it just says that there is no 'record for this search'. Does that mean my car was not on Turandot, by the way my edd is may 22-june 12. Also I have no invoice or "delivery is approaching text".

Quite possibly not then. Without the build date, it's hard to know 100% unfortunately as that helps figure out movements.

My VIN has been in the RAV database since the 4th of May, which I understand means the car is in Australia, but I've never been able to see it via the Molace tracking site. Can anyone shed any light on what it may mean? Shouldn't it be trackable there because it arrived on a ship? Or is it more likely it had already been unloaded before I started searching?

Just got my invoice and the VicRoads registration form. I had to ring Tesla support yesterday to understand what the delay was as I got the vehicle assignment last Friday. They had asked for confirmation that I was taking up a lease and perhaps updated something on their end. So if anyone still waiting for invoice after getting the VIN assignment email/text, perhaps give them a call to understand where the invoice is at.

OD - 4/Jan Blue/Black/Gemini
Delivery date -22/5 to 12/6
Build date - 24/04