Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I just got my invoice for MY RWD, White exterior with black interior with 19" wheels melbourne. My build date was 24/4/23. What ship do you think my car is on, or has it already arrived at Melbourne of Turandot?
We have the same build date. Have you got your VIN or hidden VIN? Check the RAV.... If it's not there, I'd say they're either still entering it or you're on another ship. Mine's not in the RAV yet so I'm in the same boat as you.

Ordered my Model Y (Midnight Silver, Black interior and 19" Gemini) 5th Mar '23 in Melbourne with no movement estimated delivery in Apr - Jun 2023. Anyone on the same boat?
5th March, I'd say your car hasn't been manufactured yet. They're clearing backlog of orders all the way to Feb. I haven't seen much movement for March orders but hang tight. The wait times are definitely shortening.

• Helpful
Reactions: grizzlybear
Hi,
Standard Model Y white, Order date - 9/1/2023, Build date - 14/04, VIN Assigned - 22/04, Final invoice - 27/04, Registration docs verified - 2/05, EDD - 31 May - 21 Jun, RAV search using VIN - No results. Could anyone please advise me which vessel my Model Y is on?

We have the same build date. Have you got your VIN or hidden VIN? Check the RAV.... If it's not there, I'd say they're either still entering it or you're on another ship. Mine's not in the RAV yet so I'm in the same boat as you.

5th March, I'd say your car hasn't been manufactured yet. They're clearing backlog of orders all the way to Feb. I haven't seen much movement for March orders but hang tight. The wait times are definitely shortening.
I have a VIN that i got on 5/5/23. Checked RAV, and there are no results.

Hi,
Standard Model Y white, Order date - 9/1/2023, Build date - 14/04, VIN Assigned - 22/04, Final invoice - 27/04, Registration docs verified - 2/05, EDD - 31 May - 21 Jun, RAV search using VIN - No results. Could anyone please advise me which vessel my Model Y is on?
You are in Sydney? Possibly Morning Crystal.
Your VIN will probably only show in RAV after your ship reaches its first Australian port, so wouldn't be expected yet.

Looking for the same answer. I paid the $250 order fee and that was not deducted from my final amount due. Do you think this was due to the $250 price increase? My Order Agreement shows $49,990 while the current price is $50,240.
Teslas’ general policy is not to apply any pricing increases to existing orders. So if you ordered prior to the price increase you will pay the old/lower price. I did not lease my Tesla but I have read that some who did, subsequently got a refund of their deposit, after delivery, as the leasing company paid the full purchase amount.
If I were you I would check with your Tesla Sales Advisor What they do in your area.

Hi,
I just got my invoice for MY RWD, White exterior with black interior with 19" wheels melbourne. My build date was 24/4/23. What ship do you think my car is on, or has it already arrived at Melbourne of Turandot?
I have a VIN that i got on 5/5/23. Checked RAV, and there are no results.

Cars are still showing up in RAV for the first time today that were on Turandot so keep checking. It may have made it but with the ship leaving on the 25/4 it may have been too tight. Annoying as you ordered a few days before me but your configuration is the most common one, so it's slower to get.

You may well be on Paglia which left Shanghai on Monday 8/5 if it didn't make it, or Morning Cherry which leaves on Tuesday 16/5 but arrives in Melbourne before Paglia. Have you tried putting it into Molace just to rule out the possibility of it coming with a MOL operated ship? RoRo

Reactions: Elite Display
What makes you think you're on Turandot vs being on Passama? Is it just the build date?

If your EDD is still 8/5 to 29/5 and it's a QLD order, wouldn't it be more likely that your car is already unloaded at port?

It's not possible. Passama left Shanghai on 7/4. His build date is 21/4. Next to leave was Turandot due for Brisbane after Melb. Asia to Oceania | Armacup

Reactions: JonDarian
It's not possible. Passama left Shanghai on 7/4. His build date is 21/4. Next to leave was Turandot due for Brisbane after Melb. Asia to Oceania | Armacup
I agree. But with an estimated delivery date of basically now through end of May, the only way this is going to happen is if the car is unloaded in Melbourne and freighted up. Turandot will not dock in Brisbane for weeks.

So, either the car is being freighted from Melbourne up to North QLD or the build date is incorrect and he's snagged a cancellation order that's on Passama and the build just hasn't updated to the new one. (Or there's another possibility that I haven't considered!).

If we think it more likely that Turandot is unloading all of its cargo now, then I agree with the initial theory.

To all the QLDers:
Have you filled out your Letter of Authority Application for Vehicle Registration form?
They say to complete the highlighted parts.

My question was about:
6. Concession Registration - I'm assuming this is a no?
8. Compulsory Third Part (CTP) Insurance - Does it make any difference which one I select? Why even give me a choice fi there isn't a difference?
Input Tax Credit Entitlement (ITCE) - What does that even mean?

Your help would be appreciated.

I agree. But with an estimated delivery date of basically now through end of May, the only way this is going to happen is if the car is unloaded in Melbourne and freighted up. Turandot will not dock in Brisbane for weeks.

So, either the car is being freighted from Melbourne up to North QLD or the build date is incorrect and he's snagged a cancellation order that's on Passama and the build just hasn't updated to the new one. (Or there's another possibility that I haven't considered!).

If we think it more likely that Turandot is unloading all of its cargo now, then I agree with the initial theory.

Well even my EDD is 20 May - 10 June and I'm in Melb, was TBD before and got updated the night before Turandot docked, so most likely will have to rule out that EDD of End of May unless by some miracle port congestion has gone. Can assume Tesla believe it could take a month to clear. JonDarian and I both have same build date and had cars showing up in RAV within hours of Turandot docking and unloading in Melb, as well as other members here. Too much of a coincidence for it to be a reassigned order, especially when VIN and build date are linked - can't update build date without updating VIN for the state reg document. Plus it's the same as my guess here regarding all vehicles on a ship being added to RAV at the same time despite the ship's final destination being different as Melb is its first international port of entry in Aus.

The question is whether it gets transported up or goes by boat, I'm assuming the latter unless they don't think cars will take 4 weeks to clear Melbourne ports. However Turandot isn't appearing yet on any Brisbane port arrival schedules as far as I can see. So they may have changed plans, won't know till Armacup update it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Well even my EDD is 20 May - 10 June and I'm in Melb, was TBD before and got updated the night before Turandot docked, so most likely will have to rule out that EDD of End of May unless by some miracle port congestion has gone. Can assume Tesla believe it could take a month to clear. JonDarian and I both have same build date and had cars showing up in RAV within hours of Turandot docking and unloading in Melb, as well as other members here. Too much of a coincidence for it to be a reassigned order, especially when VIN and build date are linked - can't update build date without updating VIN for the state reg document. Plus it's the same as my guess here regarding all vehicles on a ship being added to RAV at the same time despite the ship's final destination being different as Melb is its first international port of entry in Aus.

The question is whether it gets transported up or goes by boat, I'm assuming the latter unless they don't think cars will take 4 weeks to clear Melbourne ports. However Turandot isn't appearing yet on any Brisbane port arrival schedules as far as I can see. So they may have changed plans, won't know till Armacup update it tomorrow.
This feeds into a broader question I had about when vehicles show up in RAV. I'm assuming it's after unload or around that time rather than the first time that a ship hits an Australian port?

My car is on Palmela which has called into Perth and Adelaide before getting to Brisbane (still not docked) and I don't have an entry in RAV. So, unless Armacup do it differently to ACE, if it's in RAV now the entry must be based on an unload date. This means, for JonDarian, they've made the call that it's better to unload in Melbourne and freight up, presumably because it's not going to Brisbane but a direct delivery.

It's a curious thing and I guess a good illustration of what Vedaprime would offer over and above my public musings.

Of course, the alternative here is that they just haven't updated his EDD which means very shortly they are going to crush his spirits!

Reactions: xavier2k3
To all the QLDers:
Have you filled out your Letter of Authority Application for Vehicle Registration form?
They say to complete the highlighted parts.

My question was about:
6. Concession Registration - I'm assuming this is a no?
8. Compulsory Third Part (CTP) Insurance - Does it make any difference which one I select? Why even give me a choice fi there isn't a difference?
Input Tax Credit Entitlement (ITCE) - What does that even mean?

Your help would be appreciated.
There's plenty of stuff on the QLD govt website about concessional registration options.

ITE entitlement is based on whether you are registered for GST. If you are, the GST (i.e. the input tax credit) is claimable back. I've never seen much difference between the CTP insurers but I can't speak to whether you might find something that you like in one vs another. Perhaps whether it counts towards multi policy discounts etc?

Of course, the alternative here is that they just haven't updated his EDD which means very shortly they are going to crush his spirits!
Believe me, I am very aware of this possibility! TBD might mean Time Before Depression.

You have my commiserations. It is hard watching people who ordered after you apparently jump the queue. The order allocation system appears to be nearly random sometimes.

Interesting. I'm almost inclined to go you halves in the cost of Vedaprime for you just to see how you managed to snag a late April build and an earlier delivery slot than I. That and the fact that you're already in RAV boggles my mind. Jealous but happy!
I considered Vedaprime, and would have paid the money, but decided not too because it is apparently not super accurate and I really couldn't be bothered working out Discord just for the next few weeks.