Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My VIN has been in the RAV database since the 4th of May, which I understand means the car is in Australia, but I've never been able to see it via the Molace tracking site. Can anyone shed any light on what it may mean? Shouldn't it be trackable there because it arrived on a ship? Or is it more likely it had already been unloaded before I started searching?

Molace is for MOL operated ships only which seems to mainly service routes coming via WA. (RoRo)
East Coast is served predominantly by Armacup atm (no tracking capability), who also do WA as a final stop on the way back to Shanghai. Asia to Oceania | Armacup

If you can't track it, it didn't arrive on a MOL ship because you can track their cars during transit before they arrive at their destination.

What was your build date? Could have come in on a few different Armacup ships and be sitting, waiting for port clearance and/or road transportation to Melbourne.

Last edited:
Just got my invoice and the VicRoads registration form. I had to ring Tesla support yesterday to understand what the delay was as I got the vehicle assignment last Friday. They had asked for confirmation that I was taking up a lease and perhaps updated something on their end. So if anyone still waiting for invoice after getting the VIN assignment email/text, perhaps give them a call to understand where the invoice is at.

OD - 4/Jan Blue/Black/Gemini
Delivery date -22/5 to 12/6
Build date - 24/04
no need to call unless you are extremely eager to find out. Just wait for another day or 2 invoice will come.

Molace is for MOL operated ships only which seems to mainly service routes coming via WA. (RoRo)
East Coast is served predominantly by Armacup atm (no tracking capability), who also do WA as a final stop on the way back to Shanghai. Asia to Oceania | Armacup

If you can't track it, it didn't arrive on a MOL ship because you can track their cars during transit before they arrive at their destination.

What was your build date? Could have come in on a few different Armacup ships and be sitting, waiting for port clearance and/or road transportation to Melbourne.
Ahhh, good info, that explains it, thanks. Honestly my igorance with all this is quite staggering 😂

My build date is 3/4, so I have to assume it's in the country somewhere by now, probably on land.

Ahhh, good info, that explains it, thanks. Honestly my igorance with all this is quite staggering 😂

My build date is 3/4, so I have to assume it's in the country somewhere by now, probably on land.
Keep us posted. I too have the same build date, EDD and location. My EDD changed from Mat 9-30th to May 15 - June 9th today. RAV entry on the 4th.
my assumption was RAV meant it cleared customs and ready for transport. I was clearly wrong. Have no clue where my car is rn.
hopefully we get the schedule text soon.

I'm just a nerd, don't think it's ignorance at all haha.

Your car was probably on Viking Passama which left Shanghai on the 7th April. It was supposed to be at Port Kembla from Brisbane today but delayed till 15/05, sat waiting due to port congestion. It arrived in Brisbane on 19th April, left on the 7th May, so its possible your car was added to RAV when Brisbane bound cars were unloaded as the whole ship may have been added as Brisbane would be the first Australian international port of arrival for clearance, like when you clear immigration at your first port of arrival here by plane as a passenger from overseas, even if transiting onwards.

Cars have definitely come from Port Kembla to Melbourne by road transporter in the last month, so yours may be one waiting for that to happen.

Last edited:
Just got my invoice and the VicRoads registration form. I had to ring Tesla support yesterday to understand what the delay was as I got the vehicle assignment last Friday. They had asked for confirmation that I was taking up a lease and perhaps updated something on their end. So if anyone still waiting for invoice after getting the VIN assignment email/text, perhaps give them a call to understand where the invoice is at.

OD - 4/Jan Blue/Black/Gemini
Delivery date -22/5 to 12/6
Build date - 24/04
My MY RWD has the same EDD range as yours, and also based in Victoria. Searched the vin on RAV just now and no go. Hoping the car will be on Morning Cherry instead of Viking Paglia since Morning Cherry is going to make its first stop in Melbourne, scheduled on 1/6. Otherwise it definitely won't be delivered on time. Armacup

Reactions: mkev and bean2006
Got my txt and email last Friday that my Model Y has been assigned, yesterday I got the txt and email that my final invoice and registration document are available. Perfect timing as I need it before EOFY. Just wondering when I should complete the registration form. Very Excited.

Order date: 17/03/2023 (Sydney)
Design detail: Model Y RWD, White, Black interior, 19" Gemini
EDD: May 26 - June 16
Build date: 26/04/2023

It's happening, good luck to all that are still waiting. Should be any day now 🫰.
I ordered the same car, way earlier though and still no update for me :( Melbourne

My MY RWD has the same EDD range as yours, and also based in Victoria. Searched the vin on RAV just now and no go. Hoping the car will be on Morning Cherry instead of Viking Paglia since Morning Cherry is going to make its first stop in Melbourne, scheduled on 1/6. Otherwise it definitely won't be delivered on time. Armacup
Is there a way to find if everyone whose car is expected on 1/6 ship have been assigned vin or there is still hope for some late allocations or we have to wait for next ship as I have not got any vin yet OD 26/02 red MY RWD , anyone around that date od if have got the vin

My NV provider has made full payment (including the Order Fee) to Tesla. What is the refund process for the initial Order Fee which I paid?
Looking for the same answer. I paid the $250 order fee and that was not deducted from my final amount due. Do you think this was due to the $250 price increase? My Order Agreement shows $49,990 while the current price is $50,240.

Is there a way to find if everyone whose car is expected on 1/6 ship have been assigned vin or there is still hope for some late allocations or we have to wait for next ship as I have not got any vin yet OD 26/02 red MY RWD , anyone around that date od if have got the vin
Red MY RWD ordered on 25/02 and I just got my vin yesterday. I am in Brisbane

Red MY RWD ordered on 25/02 and I just got my vin yesterday. I am in Brisbane
Good to hear, Stephanie J. I hope that means you get it in June (May seems possible, but less likely). The wait times really are shrinking. My red MYRWD was ordered in late October and is yet to arrive. You ordered 4 months later and will probably be only 2-3 weeks behind me in receiving your car.

Reactions: grizzlybear