Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy Palmela Docking Day, everyone!

1684104162249.png

Is that true people with OD of July/August in VIC still waiting? I mean people ordered much later have got VINs/closer delivery windows. And if specs doesn't matter, it's hard to explain what sort of logic Tesla follows. It may well be a hid and miss.
Yeh not many but they are out there with EDD's now for May-June deliveries. The Turandot ship that came last week to Melbourne was the first Tesla ship to arrive coming directly from Shanghai without stopping elsewhere first from what I can see, I've gone as far back as August. It's only the second to arrive since the mad port congestion earlier this year/fire at one of the berths in Feb (which reduced capacity by 1/3). The last one to arrive was in March. If you see attached files, look how much the schedule changed for Melbourne across March/April.

People who ordered later are getting deliveries closer because there is just significantly more product coming in again.
armacup jan-march.png
armacup feb-may.png
armacup may 1.png
armacup may 2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: bean2006
I ordered a month after you but other wise exact same spec and dates, hopefully we'll starting getting message early next week once Viking Passama docks, it's delayed for 1 day, won't unload until Tuesday Morning.
Hope it docks Tuesday morning May 16th. Just checked the Port Kembla Port website and it lists Viking Passama as docking Saturday May 20th !

I think my Model Y RWD Blue/Black 19" Gemini is on Viking Passama. Build date 3/4 VIN issued. RAV Entry on 4/5.
Rav entry possibly when the ship docked in Brisbane. I assume for Melb delivery it will trucked down to VIC.

Yeh not many but they are out there with EDD's now for May-June deliveries. The Turandot ship that came last week to Melbourne was the first Tesla ship to arrive coming directly from Shanghai without stopping elsewhere first from what I can see, I've gone as far back as August. It's only the second to arrive since the mad port congestion earlier this year/fire at one of the berths in Feb (which reduced capacity by 1/3). The last one to arrive was in March. If you see attached files, look how much the schedule changed for Melbourne across March/April.

People who ordered late are getting deliveries closer because there is just significantly more product coming in again.
Yes Melb was pretty stuffed early in the year. I think that fire boat pissed off yesterday which be a relief for those waiting.
There was a non Armacup ship the Grande Mirafiori which my Model 3 was on docked 3rd of April, although it took its time
Entered OZ waters 28th of Feb only docked Brisbane 8th of March, my RAV 10/3 then Port Kembla 18th of March? if I remember.
So straight to Melb makes this better for us :)

Seems the Grand Eagle also non Armacup coming in the next few days maybe has my Model Y.. Maybe not he he :)

Reactions: bean2006
Hope it docks Tuesday morning May 16th. Just checked the Port Kembla Port website and it lists Viking Passama as docking Saturday May 20th !

I think my Model Y RWD Blue/Black 19" Gemini is on Viking Passama. Build date 3/4 VIN issued. RAV Entry on 4/5.
Rav entry possibly when the ship docked in Brisbane. I assume for Melb delivery it will trucked down to VIC.

Either that or quite probably Viking Sea which arrived in Port Kembla 2/5. Many 3/4 build date Melbourne orders got texts to schedule delivery last week (some M3's too), cars were being transported down - so yours must be soon. Transporting from Brisbane to Melbourne is very unlikely due to cost/availability, that's why they have ships to drop off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Davemcd

People who ordered later are getting deliveries closer because there is just significantly more product coming in again.View attachment 937699View attachment 937696View attachment 937700View attachment 937701
mine has build date 26 Apr, which ship could it be on? currently EDD is 25 May to 15 Jun

Yes, Turandot is stopping at Fremantle on the way back to Shanghai. Scheduled for 31/5.

Few others also that have recently left or leaving Shanghai. You can see some on the link below, there will be others not on here that go a different route via Singapore/Thailand with MOLACE instead of Armacup, but they don't release their schedules. You may be better off following the Perth waiting room forum, more specific info there it seems.

IS it? Looks like a transfer ship to me.
I managed to get a Y RWD Blue, black and white and 20inch yesterday morning from inventory.

Found the VIN in source code, joined Veda and found its on grand eagle and due in Brisbane late May/early June.

Hopefully that’s going to be quicker than my other order that has no VIN and still says April-June delivery window.
Specifically says not to give away that information like this but whatever
There are tesla company reps out here trying to cover up this telsa mess under port congestion, overall poor customer service and accountability
Hard to deny that its port congestion when you can actually SEE the port congestion.

mine has build date 26 Apr, which ship could it be on? currently EDD is 25 May to 15 Jun

Could be Grand Eagle which left Shanghai on 1/05:
Grand Eagle has been delayed unfortunately, no space to dock in Berth 1 as Iris Ace was delayed leaving because Turandot was a day late. It's now leaving tonight instead of Friday. Tijuca is scheduled to arrive tomorrow ahead of it now, too. GE is now planned to dock on the 17th May, currently anchored in the bay waiting for its turn.

Reactions: XLBo
List of Vehicle Carriers waiting to dock in Port of Brisbane:

Oberon
Trans Future 6
Palmela (Tesla ship)
Dream Beauty
Elegant Ace
Eridanus Leader
Sirius Highway
Morning Crystal (Tesla ship)
Turandot (Tesla ship on the way from Melbourne)
Viking Paglia (Tesla ship on the way after Korea/Japan)

Dates don't even matter at this point and from the looks of things, the port can only handle 1 vehicle carrier at a time. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

So for people in Brisbane who are expecting their vehicle before the end of this financial year... it's not looking good.
Add to that: Tarifa, Mediterranean Sea, Tankhauser and Polaris Leader.
Dream Beauty is docked now and Palmela is on the way to dock.
Elegant Ace and Eridanus Leader departed over the weekend.

I know someone said Port of Brisbane can handle two vehicle carriers at the same time but I still haven't seen it happen yet. I'll believe it when I see it 😂

Good to know they're working Saturdays and Sundays though.

It is so frustrating! Morning Crystal has been floating for 2 week so far and another week to go! So stupid :mad:

When it finally docks next week in Brisbane, I wonder how long it will take for my car to be transported to Gold Coast and ready for collection?
Another "who knows" sorry :)
Using my model 3 in Melb as a example docked Monday 3/4 before Easter my pickup 21/4..
Others got it earlier.. Next door neighbour was like 5-6 days after me same boat/build date

Last edited:

People who ordered later are getting deliveries closer because there is just significantly more product coming in again.View attachment 937699View attachment 937696View attachment 937700View attachment 937701
Apart from different specs and my order was only couple of weeks ahead, my VIN date, build date and delivery window are identical to yours. Crossing fingers now. Have cars been unloaded and are in transit now or they are still waiting to be cleared at port Melbourne?

Ok now i'm confused. I'm a NSW RWD order from November build date 3/4 and have a booked delivery for 22/5. I thought my vehicle was on Viking Passama which departed the factory on 7/4 and was due to dock at Port Kembla around 29/4. It was delayed in Brisbane so moved to 9/5 and then got pushed to today (15/5) and has now been bumped to 20/5.

I've had no contact from Tesla advising of any changes so now i've got no idea what ship it was on.

You can really understand why Tesla and other manufacturers would send vehicles to other markets with the joke that the Australian port system is. Having inventory just sitting outside ports for weeks/months on end must cost a fortune in working capital and then delays sending new shipments. Which then leads me to wonder what they do with the forward order production book for Australia if the ships are all sitting off our ports. Do they find more transport ships or defer building AU RHD models until they know they have available transport returning from Australia? I wonder who gets charged for the delays, do the shipping companies just absorb the lost revenue sitting around through higher fees or do the manufacturers incurr the liability for days sitting outside ports?

Last edited:
Ok now i'm confused. I'm a NSW RWD order from November build date 3/4 and have a booked delivery for 22/5. I thought my vehicle was on Viking Passama which departed the factory on 7/4 and was due to dock at Port Kembla around 29/4. It was delayed in Brisbane so moved to 9/5 and then got pushed to today (15/5) and has now been bumped to 20/5.

I've had no contact from Tesla advising of any changes so now i've got no idea what ship it was on.

You can really understand why Tesla and other manufacturers would send vehicles to other markets with the joke that the Australian port system is. Having inventory just sitting outside ports for weeks/months on end must cost a fortune in working capital and then delays sending new shipments. Which then leads me to wonder what they do with the forward order production book for Australia if the ships are all sitting off our ports. Do they find more transport ships or defer building AU RHD models until they know they have available transport returning from Australia? I wonder who gets charged for the delays, do the shipping companies just absorb the lost revenue sitting around through higher fees or do the manufacturers incurr the liability for days sitting outside ports?
If you’ve got a booked delivery for a particular date, then you must be one of the lucky ones to have your vehicle already here. No more stress about the ships :)

They don’t send delivery booking appointments until the car is unloaded and on its way to the dealership.

Reactions: grizzlybear
If you’ve got a booked delivery for a particular date, then you must be one of the lucky ones to have your vehicle already here. No more stress about the ships :)

They don’t send delivery booking appointments until the car is unloaded and on its way to the dealership.
Interesting, does anyone recall the last Tesla ship to arrive in Port Kembla that left China after 3/4? The build date is what had me convinced it was on Passama as it left a few days after build. I did put my VIN into the other Tesla shipping company website (sorry can't recall name) and didn't get a hit so assumed it was on a Armacup ship.

I've got to say the whole shipping thing is a bit of a mystery.