Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, the equipment (car, in this case) must be purchased and in use by EOFY.
That's correct. I had a Tesla rep tell me to pay early for the tax incentive and it wouldn't matter if picked up the car after June 30. I told him that is not correct and he shouldn't be telling people that... However the LCT threshold goes up on July 1, so able to get a coloured Y LR and not pay FBT. Just means not getting big tax break this year, but will get smaller tax breaks the next 3 years...

So with my whinging this morning I have finally received my schedule delivery SMS today and booked in for 1/June pickup. So that’s 9 days from being unloaded to pickup or nearly 7 weeks from manufacture date to delivery.

So that's another Brisbane delivery from Morning Crystal sorted.

Luckily I have already paid for it otherwise it would be cutting it fine with the funds being cleared 2 days prior.

Reactions: RonDownUnder
Well I suppose not "for certain", but the evidence suggests it
  • Tesla SA said it was on Grand Eagle.
  • Build date was 24/4 which was 6 days before GE left Shanghai.
  • My VIN was entered into RAV on 18/5 which was the day GE docked in Melbourne (first aus point of call)
Any idea where Grand Eagle goes next? One of my VIN went into RAV on the 18th, pick ups in ACT. Not sure what port feeds into ACT tho...

Same boat here :D
Pretty sure ACT cars get trucked here (and to Sydney) from Kembla. I think Brisbane next for the Grand Eagle.
Nice, I see it's due into port early June, may yet get it before eofy..
Glad I ordered this one as a back up A couple of weeks ago, the one I ordered in QLD mid April has a VIN, but not on RAV yet... so not liking my chances of seeing it.

Does anyone know if all carriers coming to Brisbane go via our western / southern ports, or do some come direct to Brisbane?

I'm due to pickup shortly, but haven't seen the rego come through here
Tesla won't register the car until the day before your scheduled delivery.
This is for two reasons:

a) the car won't arrive at the delivery centre until the day before - they don't have enough room to store all the cars, so they want them in and out ASAP to make room for the next one

b) why would you want to pay for another week's rego when you don't have the car yet? You'd be renewing it a week early next year then.

First time post here
Model Y
22/2 order at Sydney
05/5 Find Vin
18/5 RAV
First EDD 25/5-11/6
Second EDD 12/6-30/6
29/5 Sales confirmed my car at GRAND EAGLE
Virtually same situation as you - though my order was back in Nov!

FYI - Grand Eagle is currently scheduled to dock at Port Kembla next Wed on 7th June and will be departing late on the 8th. So in theory should be looking good for deliveries starting the week after.

That's correct. I had a Tesla rep tell me to pay early for the tax incentive and it wouldn't matter if picked up the car after June 30. I told him that is not correct and he shouldn't be telling people that... However the LCT threshold goes up on July 1, so able to get a coloured Y LR and not pay FBT. Just means not getting big tax break this year, but will get smaller tax breaks the next 3 years...
That's a great point. Maybe I will upgrade to the LR if I don't get my order before 30 June. Make some lemonade as they say...

Virtually same situation as you - though my order was back in Nov!

FYI - Grand Eagle is currently scheduled to dock at Port Kembla next Wed on 7th June and will be departing late on the 8th. So in theory should be looking good for deliveries starting the week after.
With three Tesla carriers including Sunlight Ace docking in quick succession before Grand Eagle, there are no guarantees for timely deliveries. Based on previous posts, people in Sydney were getting delivery slots only in mid-June for ships that docked way earlier.

Here is hoping it's a bit different for ACT deliveries.