Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For all the guys waiting on the delivery with EDD of 11 Jun - 30 Jun, looks like EDD is now showing as TBD. Has anyone checked today their EDD changed as well like mine??
Mine is still showing 11 June - 30 June... but it's probably only a matter of time before mine changes like yours.

We are on the same boat after all.

Are your rego docs completed and no trade in pending?

Reactions: t3sla-007
Mine is still showing 11 June - 30 June... but it's probably only a matter of time before mine changes like yours.

We are on the same boat after all.

Are your rego docs completed and no trade in pending?
Yes @Red Man My rego docs and invoice has been completed almost a month ago. Yes I believe that our car is on the same ship, fingers crossed, it does not get any further delayed.

Congrats! Did you happen to see a red LR Y? Mine was delivered to Southport yesterday and I am picking up tomorrow. Can't wait :)
That’s exciting that one of the first LR will be delivered. I’ll be really interested if there are any noticeable differences to the build compared to what we have seen in Australian RWD and MYP to date. Don’t think I’ll be seeing mine until the end of the month at best.

What are ships name with Molace? I still don't have any VIN
Without a VIN and build date (which will show up on your invoice), you really can't track which ship your car is on because it hasn't been built yet. Tesla will not tell you your place in the queue or how much longer it will be before your car is built.

Once your car is built, you might get a hidden VIN in the source code of your account page. Within a few days, you should receive your invoice and VIN. You can check which Molace and Armacup ships are leaving Shanghai soon after that date.
If your car is on a Molace ship, it should show up here (change the drop down menu to VIN, not Bill of Lading) RoRo.
If your car is on Armacup, you won't be able to find it by VIN and will have to make an educated guess about which ship it is on, based on dates. When your ship reaches its first Australian port, your VIN should show up in RAV, which will help you to confirm which ship it was on (because of the date it docked). Your Tesla Sales contact may blatantly lie to you at this point (mine did).

Once your car actually lands on the dock, you should receive a "Your delivery is approaching" message. It then seems to take 1-3 weeks typically before the car can be collected at your delivery centre.

You can sometimes shortcut the process by buying from inventory. This at least means the car has been built, but it may still be at sea and not ready for delivery until it has travelled, docked, cleared customs, been checked and then made available to you. If you are unlucky, that can take months, but for a few lucky people it takes weeks.

Reactions: G.T.
Without a VIN and build date (which will show up on your invoice), you really can't track which ship your car is on because it hasn't been built yet. Tesla will not tell you your place in the queue or how much longer it will be before your car is built.

Once your car is built, you might get a hidden VIN in the source code of your account page. Within a few days, you should receive your invoice and VIN. You can check which Molace and Armacup ships are leaving Shanghai soon after that date.
If your car is on a Molace ship, it should show up here (change the drop down menu to VIN, not Bill of Lading) RoRo.
If your car is on Armacup, you won't be able to find it by VIN and will have to make an educated guess about which ship it is on, based on dates. When your ship reaches its first Australian port, your VIN should show up in RAV, which will help you to confirm which ship it was on (because of the date it docked). Your Tesla Sales contact may blatantly lie to you at this point (mine did).

Once your car actually lands on the dock, you should receive a "Your delivery is approaching" message. It then seems to take 1-3 weeks typically before the car can be collected at your delivery centre.

You can sometimes shortcut the process by buying from inventory. This at least means the car has been built, but it may still be at sea and not ready for delivery until it has travelled, docked, cleared customs, been checked and then made available to you. If you are unlucky, that can take months, but for a few lucky people it takes weeks.
Thanks. what I am after if someone know what ships( Molace) in coming weeks or in June. I can check Armacup in their website