Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the understanding that this is no guarantee of being correct or any contract stating such.... but may give a possible likelihood for others...
but today I was told my ACT delivery, 3LR, RAV entered 18/5, expected to be on Grand Eagle?, is hopeful of being available for pickup in June.

My Qld delivery,YLR, ordered mid April, RAV entered 5/6, not sure of ship, maybe Morning Cherry?, not as hopeful for delivery... didn't say it wouldn't happen...

So the consideration now; if not able to get full tax benefit this fy, keep in mind that LCT threshold increases 1st July, so can upspec car and still get benefit of no FBT

Can anyone enlighten me on their order to pick-up experince.. when do you get " your car is on the way message." Is it when it's boarded on the boat in China? Or is it when It docks in Australia? Or do you get a edd date when it docks in Australia?
I am picking up my car, Model Y RWD, White paint and black interior with 19" wheels on 10/6 which is this Saturday 9.30 am at Mulgrave. I Ordered on 13/11/22, it was a very long time ago. My Build date was 24 April, but for some reason a week later it updated to 25 April for the build date. I received my VIN on the 5/5/23 and my Invoice around a week and a bit later. My car was on Grand eagle that docked at Melb on 18/5/23 and i got the schedule delivery text on the 26/5 and earliest pickup was 9/6, but i chose 10/6. Pickup for my car will roughly be around 3 weeks from the ship being docked and 2 weeks from the schedule delivery text.

I waited for 210 days from order to pickup. A long wait, but worth it, these final days till pickup feel like ages. :)

As I eagerly await the delivery of my White on White Model Y off the coast of Port Kembla on Grand Eagle, I'm curious if it will come with HW4. For those interested, the Tesla Info site provides current/recent inventory details, including hardware versions.

Based on my research, confirming HW4 presence using the page source code data is challenging. However, I hope we gain better clarity soon. Personally, I'm not optimistic about receiving HW4 and suspect a HW3 vehicle instead. This is disappointing, considering the lengthy wait and the potential depreciation compared to HW4 models. On a positive note, we might still benefit from ultrasonic sensors.
It won't, Shanghai aren't adding HW4 at all yet.

Hi Everyone,
I want to give back for keeping me company throughout these months waiting.

OD 28 July 2022
Was on Feb May forever, until one day I received the SMS. 11 months wait.

Took the delivery Yesterday.
Solid Black RWD MY
Black interior 19' Gemini,
Build date April 2023
Vin was available 4/05/2023
Pick up at Port Melbourne.
LFP battery. Car was at 80% charge.

Few points to note (especially if you are leasing):
- Make sure you sort out the leasing documents. Double check that everything is ready to go, Insurance is the most important
- Call Tesla to check the Rego and your license is good to go.
- Once that done, check the VIN for rego (in Victoria, we use the Vicroads rego check site). If you have rego there, thats 95% done. The rest is pick up day.> https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/reg...cle-registration/vehicle-registration-enquiry
- Be Patient. It's worth it.

My car has front and rear USS, Matrix Headlight, HW3, no Mobile Charger, no cargo cover, they give you Screen Wipe cloth also.
The rego plate mount is universal. They check you in, give you a folder with your rego document and vin printed from Vicroads, the tesla wallet with 2 keycards, and a smile.

No blemishes, rattles, build quality is excellent. Better than my previous european cars.
I dont put PPF, been there done that. I want to enjoy the car for me and not the guardian for the next owner. One thing, I put the mud flap immediately before leaving the site. Will do my own Ceramic coating,I heard the Turthe Wax Hybrid is pretty good for 40 bucks.

I will enjoy one of the best cars I own. In my age, not many "stuff" gave me this joy for owning it. The Tesla My is one of the few that does this.

See you on the Model Y owner thread!

Reading all the posts/rants on this and Y LR thread, it seems like there are a few unfortunate souls (including yours truly) in NSW/ACT with their car on Grand Eagle that belong in one of the following camps:
1) want delivery before EOFY (to benefit from asset write-off rules)
2) want delivery after EOFY (to benefit from higher LCT threshold)
3) don’t care either way and want car asap

We know that Tesla can’t control port congestion but I do understand (from reading some past posts on this thread) that they do have some control over which cars are transported to delivery centres from the logistics.

So here is what I suggest we do (i.e., those in camp 1 or 2) send a text to Tesla (or call if you have the time to wait) that goes something like this.

Hi Tesla, my order number is RN … I received your email on port congestion. While I understand Tesla can’t do much about it, I would appreciate Tesla prioritising delivery of my car from port to delivery centre before (or after) EOFY to accommodate tax changes impacting my order.

PS - I am not a Tesla employee. Just someone who has been waiting for the model y for almost a year now (switched to LR from Day 1 MYP order). The above is just a suggestion and you can choose to act, ignore or amend. Happy waiting!