Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The temporary full expensing lets you depreciate the whole car in the single tax year. Everyone is doing it. The fact is mind, if you sell you pay tax on the sale as income.
That's what I am doing too but I imagine that an audit will look at date of registration. Hopefully you get it this month.

I have 1 order in grand eagle and 1 in morning crystal.. waiting to be delivered in syd.
Like some people here, need to get one of the cars by end of june.

G eagle still showing 11-30 jun so bit of hope there. The morning crystal changed yesterday to 28 jun-19 jul sadly.

To claim the temp fully expensing depreciation, do you need to get the car delivered, or simply need to pay the final invoice, or ok as long as car rego is done by end of june?
If can't claim the temp fully expensing i.e. 64k, my understanding is that vehicle needs to be depreciated over 8 years, is that correct? Someone here said 3 years so want to confirm.

Looks like brokers association has asked / lobbied the gov to extend the deadline to allow anyone who ordered by end of june to be able to use the depreciation initiative due to this port congestion issue.
Not sure how to check the progress though and if it is being considered by gov at all..
May need to make some more noises about it.

Refer to

And expires 30Jun2023
Date of rego needs to be 30June or earlier
That is right, but it also needs to be in use before EOFY. My reading is that it would not be sufficient for the car to be registered by June 30 and delivered after July 1. To access temporary full expensing, you need to take delivery before EOFY.

That is right, but it also needs to be in use before EOFY. My reading is that it would not be sufficient for the car to be registered by June 30 and delivered after July 1. To access temporary full expensing, you need to take delivery before EOFY.
I imagine the invoice may not indicate a pick up date and tesla will likely not report the pick up date either so only thing that can be checked by ATO is the rego. Still you would rather nor risk it

Reactions: Quickst
Been lurking a while, first time poster. Got a delivery window yesterday June 8-29! Ordered 24 March in Melbourne. Stock standard white standard range.

After nil activity at all seems to be moving pretty quickly. Got the delivery window, invoice and registration form Inc VIN all on the same day.

You are 100% right. It must be first used by the business by 30th June.

Reactions: Tee_my
Been lurking a while, first time poster. Got a delivery window yesterday June 8-29! Ordered 24 March in Melbourne. Stock standard white standard range.

After nil activity at all seems to be moving pretty quickly. Got the delivery window, invoice and registration form Inc VIN all on the same day.
Grand Eagle docked at Melbourne last month and dropped heaps of cars. The problem was directed to NSW after Melbourne Port was congested and hence NSW people are screwed now. I imagine the ships were going to head to Brisbane potentially so it may impact on their deliveries. Good for you to get it within 3 months of ordering. Hope you enjoy it.

Well, I am Late 22 order, same stock standard car and am on morning crystal and more than likely will miss EOFY.

To see people getting a car who ordered later than I did makes me really wonder how it all works!

I just saw Ryan Shaw on youtube discuss the new changes coming to Model 3's and I assume Model Y's..

HW4 - some higher def cameras....I dont care personally as wont be using FSD
New lights and bumper - once again, frankly dont care...
Removal of the temperature sensor - that sound frankly...not so good. I use the temp sensor!
Removal of the wood trim and replace with some fabric - what the heck?
Removal of the signal indicator so as you have to use the screen to turn left or right - this is NOT a joke.....

So it is all about cheaper costs... With so many EVs coming out in the next few years, ones with nice interiors and indicators for turning! and even temp sensors...I am starting to wonder...

They remove whatever the market can deal with, so in the USA, removing the USS seemed to be ok, they still sell cars. But here...they realised it wasn't going to work. But overall, I really don't appreciate the game plan.

Folks, my MY was on Sunlight Ace (docked PK 5th/6th June), just got sms from Tesla and scheduled for 14th June delivery at Alexandria. This should be great news for all, means PK congestion isn't that bad anymore.
What was your edd before? Has it been set to alexandria or they moved it?

Did you ask for it or they just told you that the location changed?
If the latter, did they the reason?

I did not ask for the change.
just got email tell me the change w/o reason.

To me it is OK, similar distance for me to both place. Also I know Chatswood is very busy and Parramatta might have quick delivery.