Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My account has just changed to show an EDD range of 26 June to 17 July. This is after the conversations we have had this week about how to get this car delivered by June 30. On Wednesday, by phone, the latest date of June 26 was described as a firm date, except that the car might be delivered a little earlier. That was later than the dates indicated on Sunday and Monday (one of which described the date as reliable barring and Act of God).

The car was supposed to be given to the car carrier yesterday (Friday), and today the delivery date has become a date range. Just more lies, I guess.

I have told them that they have until COB Monday to confirm delivery before EOFY or to cancel the order. The opportunity cost of believing Tesla has a tendency to run into the thousands of dollars. I have hope that this is an automated system and that the third party carrier will still actually deliver on time, but that hope is slim.

My account has just changed to show an EDD range of 26 June to 17 July. This is after the conversations we have had this week about how to get this car delivered by June 30. On Wednesday, by phone, the latest date of June 26 was described as a firm date, except that the car might be delivered a little earlier. That was later than the dates indicated on Sunday and Monday (one of which described the date as reliable barring and Act of God).

The car was supposed to be given to the car carrier yesterday (Friday), and today the delivery date has become a date range. Just more lies, I guess.

I have told them that they have until COB Monday to confirm delivery before EOFY or to cancel the order. The opportunity cost of believing Tesla has a tendency to run into the thousands of dollars. I have hope that this is an automated system and that the third party carrier will still actually deliver on time, but that hope is slim.
Fingers crossed for you..

Fingers crossed for you..
I feel your pain. I actually need to buy a car and have been catching ubers while I wait for delivery but additionally I need the car before 30 June. The longer I wait, the harder it will be to buy another in time in my delivery date changes. Mine is still showing 12 June to 30 June.

Tesla have said it's scheduled on their internal system for 18th June to arrive at their service centre. One person said there's many variables and it's not accurate, another said if it hasn't changed its likely its on track for 18th June for delivery in Sydney

Sorry to hear, Im assuming the final invoice has been paid?
Also do you know the registration plate?
I think in QLD there is a rego status check based on rego place or IIRC VIN number?. What date was your vehicle registered?
It was registered on Thursday, supposedly to go on the truck (at least out of the delivery centre) on Friday. Everything has been paid for well over a month.

But I'm sure these dates can still blow out as they doubted the one in depo on 18th would be ready for pickup by eofy
I don't see why not! I thought they try to get the cars in, give them a bit of clean/detail and get them out to the customers ASAP. Someone mentioned they are picking the car up that was on Sunlight Ace on the 14th. The ship docked on the 5/6th of June. That's hardly 8 or 9 days.

No guarantees with Tesla though. They do their business in a mysterious way and/or go to extreme lengths to hide/not tell info to their customers. In this case it might be someone at a store not knowing how their delivery centers work. Anybody's guess.

Everything has been paid for well over a month.
Thats PITA. Thats what my accountant said as well. We discussed the hypothetical (well its real for a lot of people) scenario where a vehicle is registered and insured and paid (and paying interest) for on 1 June but the vehicle is sitting in perth and due to a car carrier unable to truck it from perth to me in Sydney, I can't write off at EOFY. While someone gets a car from their local dealer - but gets their friend to pickup as he is overseas and the friend keeps it in friends garage until he gets back. He can claim write off. Makes no sense. hence the "grey area".

Australian ports are mostly in bad shape. There are around 15 roro ships floating around Port Kembla, and one that I have been watching (not for a tesla) had its berthing date extended 3 weeks after it arrived there on time. that 3 weeks has come and gone and its still doing big donuts out on the ocean. The delivery of every car on that and all other ships is completely out of the suppliers control, and the dates being promised by the shippers and ports are not being achieved.

Australian ports are mostly in bad shape. There are around 15 roro ships floating around Port Kembla, and one that I have been watching (not for a tesla) had its berthing date extended 3 weeks after it arrived there on time. that 3 weeks has come and gone and its still doing big donuts out on the ocean. The delivery of every car on that and all other ships is completely out of the suppliers control, and the dates being promised by the shippers and ports are not being achieved.
True. My October order has physically landed (after a few weeks sitting off the Qld coast), passed customs, and Tesla have still been screwing around with the delivery arrangements, so this is not just about port congestion.

True. My October order has physically landed (after a few weeks sitting off the Qld coast), passed customs, and Tesla have still been screwing around with the delivery arrangements, so this is not just about port congestion.
Tesla do not do delivery. The car is handled by one of the big transporters such as prixcar. The transporter cleans the car and registers it before deliver it to tesla just in time

• Informative
Reactions: Quickst