Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So all those waiting for the Grand Eagle, hopefully yours will only be a quick week or so away. Start thinking about finalising your finance. Banks take 2 working days to settle. Tesla needs another 1 or 2 days after that.
Really, I sent a small test amount from cba and it arrived next day, got a text message.....they keep telling me I need to make payment 2 days before delivery...does that mean they need funds cleared 2 days before...I assumed I was sending money 2 days before....

Last edited:
Today I got the "get ready for delivery" text, which means as GT says above..the car is sitting on a siding somewhere next to the dock.

I was going to pay once
1. The text about the delivery date comes and I choose a date
2. That date is less than EOFY

If I make a date and it is less than EOFY, am I correct in saying I have a 99% chance to getting the car? I mean what could go wrong assuming I turn up to get it.

After yet another date change yesterday, EDD was pushed to 22 June - 8 July (and low hopes for EOFY delivery), to my surprise I received the schedule delivery test this evening! Booking in the pickup slot next Wednesday, 21 June. This is in Melbourne. Ordered Feb'23, Built May'23.
Congrats @MSingh lucky you , I am still sitting at the forth EDD change which is 23june-8Jul with no SDM … my order date was 26th Feb so May be I might get in couple of days…..

If I make a date and it is less than EOFY, am I correct in saying I have a 99% chance to getting the car? I mean what could go wrong assuming I turn up to get it.
At a guess, I would think you’re correct.
As long as Tesla say your finance is sorted (it comes up in the app once cleared) and you have a confirmed delivery appointment, you should be good to go.
But, nothing is 100% …….

I got a similar text some 10 days ago (05/6), my vehicle was also entered into the RAV DB on the same day. Here I'm with no sign of a delivery schedule message. My last EDD change was 2 days ago, now 23/06 - 08/07. I hope yours follow a different pattern. I'm in Melbourne BTW.
Exactly same stats for me….still waiting for the SDM with the same EDD , no concrete answer from SA if asked ….. they just say keep an eye on the SDM message you will get as soon as we have the vehicle at delivery centre …. It’s really frustrating I know …. But we can’t do much here unfortunately

I ordered a full front and rocker PPF kit (3M 200 Series) from Paintgard for under $1,500 and will apply myself. They also sell less expensive PPF but I wanted the best clarity and its hydrophobic properties.

Tesbro's also sell a (lower quality) PPF kit from the US, but once you convert to AUD+Shipping+import tax its not as good value as Paitgard

I tossed up so many different options, did a lot research, and everything I have read/watched leads me to believe that a front PPF kit is the best protective investment I can make. There are just too many stories of Tesla bonnet and bumper rock chips that I have taken the "better to protect than repair" approach.

Tesla actually sells touch up paint pots in the US because so many people have had issues with rock chips on the bumpers and bonnet.

I also plan to ceramic coat the whole car with a high grade ceramic coat once I have applied the PPF to help prevent swirls, improve paint clarity, and protect from other contaminants.
For ceramic coating, which product or shop do you recommend?

Once ceramic applied, how long does it last and whether it will need to be reapplied / maintain periodically?

A 4 minute quick wash and wax does the same thing - $27 at Crystal Car Wash
Or buy 1 month washes for $89 and get unlimited 4 minute wash and wax and 1 signature wash and wax
They even do a one year package of $1068 = unlimited 4 minute washes and 12 signature wash and wax

But yes if paint protection is contemplated high quality paint prep is very important before hand.
When I went interstate I've tried the auto car wash and unfortunately it was a brush one. I can see the micro scratches on my paint and headlight. so brushless is fine but avoid the one with spinning brush better still hand car wash

Reactions: Quickst

Once ceramic applied, how long does it last and whether it will need to be reapplied / maintain periodically?
Most products are good but I use gyeon brand, a bit expensive, but better protection and easy to use is more important. The first coat needs repeating up to 3 times recommended for long last and easier maintenance later

I am yet to determine a specific ceramic coating but my criteria are anything that has a hardness of 9H or more and has a lifetime warranty.

My understanding is that some coatings will only last a 1-3 years. The high quality ones can last up to 10 years +. Some of the higher end ceramic coatings are more difficult to apply - but if you do it right, they will stay protective and hydrophobic for many years. Some ceramics require two coats for maximum protection.

Dependent on the ceramic you go for they will have different maintenance requirements. Some of the good ones are very low maintenance a wont need to be touched.

I'm choosing to stay away from the graphene ceramics as I have seen a number of tests that result in the standard ceramic coats performing better and lasting longer.

Reactions: BabyTyrone
Finally, we had our delivery day today after about 10 months waiting. Woohooo !!
And yes, the (painful) wait was worth it.
Just for info,
You should receive the final ‘Delivery is approaching’ text approx when your car arrives on the dock. Then the ‘Make a delivery appointment’ message when the vehicle clears customs and is in one of teslas holding facilities. Our Tesla was on the Sunlight Ace. We were lucky and received the ‘Make an appointment’ text only 5 days after the ship docked, so it got processed through quarantine and delivered to Alexandria super quick.
Then had to wait another week for finance to be cleared !! The long weekend didn’t help.
The actual delivery process was fairly simple, Sign in at the front office, get shown your car, take a few selfies and wipe the drool from your eat to ear grin, then drive away in the calm and relaxing peak hour Sydney traffic !
So all those waiting for the Grand Eagle, hopefully yours will only be a quick week or so away. Start thinking about finalising your finance. Banks take 2 working days to settle. Tesla needs another 1 or 2 days after that.
Then, Have fun !!
Does these activities (unloading, quarantine, customs clearance & car washing) carried out at Port Kembla during weekends as well. My car is on Morning Crystal scheduled to get moored today evening. So trying to figure out my chances of getting delivery before EOFY.

Cars wont move from port over the weekend. likely going to move close to the 23rd. then into their storage or direct to delivery.

If you get before EOFY - its a miracle. (IMO)
I think there will definately be some that get to in time
When u spoke to tesla last they said if there is no bio security issues they will aim to transport direct to the distributing centres as early as they can. Alexandria can hold a large amount but they said they also started using Parramatta to help manage the volume

• Informative
Reactions: satred