Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cannot understand this logic of cancelling an existing order and raising a new one. Would the new rules not apply automatically for the same order if the car delivery is taken in the new financial year?
If you left it and got the vanilla white MYLR until 1Jul you get the 2024 LCT limit - so no need to cnacel and reorder.

However as per above posts , a colour MYLR has LCT of $85 for 2023 but LCT $0 for 2024.

Whats the issue with an $85 LCT? FBT payable if LCT >0

Reactions: shadab
Cannot understand this logic of cancelling an existing order and raising a new one. Would the new rules not apply automatically for the same order if the car delivery is taken in the new financial year?
I think @Quickst is pointing out the opportunity to get a non-white MYLR without exceeding the LCT buy waiting until next financial year. Assuming you wanted a MYLR and felt stuck with white because of the LCT, and your car is now delayed beyond EOFY, it might be worth losing your deposit and place in the queue in order to get the colour you prefer.

Reactions: shadab and Quickst
My rav is 18 may, so pretty sure it was on grand eagle.
Rwd, Chatswood.
The two persons who received delivery txt already incl yourself from grand eagle batch have alexandria delivery centre...

When you got the delivery sms, was it system generated or from tesla rep?
How did you choose the time slot? Reply to the sms?
It was auto generated. You can click the link in the sms or email. It has date options to choose from.

Mine is a 6.4% Chattel loan
still fit under the FY24 EV LCT threshold of $89,332 (ie still qualify for FBT exemption) and get to claim back against FY24 $68,108 luxury vehicle depreciation amount versus $64,471 from FY23 (which will offset the $400 I lost).
Except the 2023 EOFY temporary full expensing of the vehicle depreciation limit which based on my upthread calculation puts a FY2023 delivery approx $2700 cheaper than a FY2024 year delivery over about 4 years.

Reactions: shadab