Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning guys. I ordered my RWD MY in white with 19 inch wheels and black interior on 11 May 23. Got an email yesterday saying 'Your Model Y Has Been Assigned'. Account now shows estimated delivery between 10-31st July 23.

I was wondering how are people finding their Vin numbers and checking what ship their car is on or generally get more certainty around their delivery date?

thanks
Check your VIN in this link RoRo
Also get build date from your Tesla account > Invoice and try to match the vessels in this link Asia to Oceania | Armacup
You should be able to find the vessel in which your cars is from one of the above 2 links and then track that vessel movements till Port Kembla

Reactions: catham8
Good morning guys. I ordered my RWD MY in white with 19 inch wheels and black interior on 11 May 23. Got an email yesterday saying 'Your Model Y Has Been Assigned'. Account now shows estimated delivery between 10-31st July 23.

I was wondering how are people finding their Vin numbers and checking what ship their car is on or generally get more certainty around their delivery date?

thanks
Congratulations!

Check the Application for Vehicle Registration if you have completed that. Otherwise, you need to check for the hidden vin. That can be done in Chrome by right click on the manage vehicle screen, and clicking "View Page Source". Search for "LRW" (all Tesla's made in China start with those 3 first letters.

If you find it, the 17 digit text/number is your vin. Use this vin on the Molace website (RoRo) to check if its on the Bergamot ace. If you don't find it there, it might be on the Turandot.

Good Luck!

[Edit] this is for Melbourne order, didn't see you are based in Sydney. The ships are different

Reactions: catham8
Hi everyone, can now bow out of this forum. Picked up my Blue RWD/Black/19" (from SA ordered 31/1) yesterday after waiting an extra 4 days for novated lease payment to get sorted. Tesla were pretty good, saying they understood the issues with the leasing companies but also saying that there's only so long they could hold. The pickup experience was a bit rushed, because as soon as the payment went through I popped in to pick it up and they already had other customers. Spent about 5 minutes with the guy showing me how to set it all up and then could spend as long as I wanted before taking it home. It's well worth the wait!

Delays in ports, trucks etc out of Tesla control.
Although like others I ordered in Nov being told be early Feb or March latest. They pumping them out now..
Car was not built to 24th of April. So trucks and ships were not the reason it did not make Feb/March.

Then other people same state or other states get the same config car although ordered it months later.
Something not right..
I at least have both Tesla's now.. Although the process and lack of info is pretty useless from them.

Not be too hard as they are a software company to have a better system.
You assume they have to schedule months out for factory builds and ships
How hard is it when you order to at least know when your build date slot is.
Could update this weekly.
Even if it had a original build date for 2nd half of Feb.
Then updated say moved as Australia ports stuffed we pushing out all OZ orders by 2 months.

I know people are saying this is out of Tesla's control but surely they have control over what cars there trucks are picking up.
They aren't parked out at the port like a shopping centre carpark where they can stroll down the rows and pick out cars. It's a huge grid of cars all parked nose-to-tail, so they can only pick off cars in the front row.

Reactions: lonertic and LWR15K
Thanks @Leconte, that was eloquently put. If you do fade out of this thread, I hope to see you around on other threads.
I know what you mean about wanting a guide. I have started compiling a cheat sheet to carry in the car, especially for people who might borrow the car.
Are you able to share? 😀
Im a first time telsa owner and bit concerned that I'll be bit overwhelmed with all the features at least initially, not alone the hidden or not so obvious ones.

Reactions: LWR15K
Are you able to share? 😀
Im a first time telsa owner and bit concerned that I'll be bit overwhelmed with all the features at least initially, not alone the hidden or not so obvious ones.
in your Tesla portal under Manage your order, there are links to download owners manual etc. Not trying to be smartarse about it but if you go thru it you'll actually learn a lot of that stuff upfront. Most people dont even bother reading it and wants a Tesla rep to go thru the car with them, but if you're armed with knowledge from the manuals, there's a good chance you'll actually know more about ur car than the rep by the time you pick up your car. Things that they wont spend much time with u, like emergency access or warranty coverage are great to know, as for your time with the rep, use that to scrutinise build quality of the car, anything that they might be able to blame you as wear&tear the moment you drive outta there like any scratches/damages anywhere. Cos if you hadn't driven it out yet, it's 100% on them, the moment you drive outta there even if u find a scratch 30 seconds later, they can now say you probably caused it... so use your time for that, dont use it for "teach me about this car".

Ordered Jan 2023, RWD. Was on Grand Eagle.

EDD now Jun 23 - Jul 24.

Need to reject low trade-in offer and sell privately through carsales.com.au or Sell My Car.
I need to sell my car too. Is carsales still the best place to sell these days if can stomach the fee?
Im thinking trying fb marketplace first.
Sadly gumtree asks you to pay now..

Havent heard sellmycar before but I'll check it out.
What other channels people selling their cars privately these days?

in your Tesla portal under Manage your order, there are links to download owners manual etc. Not trying to be smartarse about it but if you go thru it you'll actually learn a lot of that stuff upfront. Most people dont even bother reading it and wants a Tesla rep to go thru the car with them, but if you're armed with knowledge from the manuals, there's a good chance you'll actually know more about ur car than the rep by the time you pick up your car. Things that they wont spend much time with u, like emergency access or warranty coverage are great to know, as for your time with the rep, use that to scrutinise build quality of the car, anything that they might be able to blame you as wear&tear the moment you drive outta there like any scratches/damages anywhere. Cos if you hadn't driven it out yet, it's 100% on them, the moment you drive outta there even if u find a scratch 30 seconds later, they can now say you probably caused it... so use your time for that, dont use it for "teach me about this car".
That is basically what I am doing. I am working through the manual, and other online material, to learn about the user interface (as well as the things to set up when I first get the car), and making notes. I read a lot of this information months ago, and had forgotten some of it because I am not currently using the car. I can imagine a situation where I can't remember which direction to push a stalk to make a particular function happen (or I might have given the car to a family member who isn't familiar with it), so having a cheat card that shows how to do the most common actions seems like a handy safety blanket.

I might also keep a small booklet of instructions for how to do uncommon tasks - like how to set up the car to be towed, how to jump-start the 12V battery, etc, because those processes are different from my previous cars. The touchscreen does give access to the manual, which is excellent. I find that the information isn't laid out in the way that best makes sense to me, especially for quick reference.

I doubt that my reference cards will be of much use to anyone else. I tend to arrange information in the best way for me, and that won't necessarily make sense to everyone. At least the process of producing the cards requires me to spend time becoming familiar with the manual. Hopefully it will all feel intuitive once I actually have the car.

Reactions: Eaglezzz
That is basically what I am doing. I am working through the manual, and other online material, to learn about the user interface (as well as the things to set up when I first get the car), and making notes. I read a lot of this information months ago, and had forgotten some of it because I am not currently using the car. I can imagine a situation where I can't remember which direction to push a stalk to make a particular function happen (or I might have given the car to a family member who isn't familiar with it), so having a cheat card that shows how to do the most common actions seems like a handy safety blanket.

I might also keep a small booklet of instructions for how to do uncommon tasks - like how to set up the car to be towed, how to jump-start the 12V battery, etc, because those processes are different from my previous cars. The touchscreen does give access to the manual, which is excellent. I find that the information isn't laid out in the way that best makes sense to me, especially for quick reference.

I doubt that my reference cards will be of much use to anyone else. I tend to arrange information in the best way for me, and that won't necessarily make sense to everyone. At least the process of producing the cards requires me to spend time becoming familiar with the manual. Hopefully it will all feel intuitive once I actually have the car.
You can access the manual as well when you got the car and read it on the screen if you don't watch YouTube or playing Tesla on screen game. I subscribed to the LTE Connection/4G so I got all the access even the internet browser. If you don't, read the manual ;)

Ordered Jan 2023, RWD. Was on Grand Eagle.

EDD now Jun 23 - Jul 24.

Need to reject low trade-in offer and sell privately through carsales.com.au or Sell My Car.
Try sellyourcaraustralia.com . Dean and the team were a pleasure to deal with and I got 5k more than what carsales instant offer was giving. The whole sales process was hassle free. They paid a 1k deposit prior to even looking at the car and paid in full before collection. The other group worth looking into is summon.com.au - they might however only deal with ‘prestige’ cars. Not sure as I’ve never dealt with them before.

Reactions: BabyTyrone
Is graphene ceramic coating a special type of ceramic coating?
I assume it's better than normal ceramic?

I need to do my research..
Whatever you choose ensure you applied 3 coats for the first time. In my case I re-apply once every 3 months. All the birds poo, dirt etc easily come off when washing the car by hand. I put into the spinning car wash once and tiny scratch visible especially on the head light.