Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else in Sydney who was on Grand Eagle had their EDD pushed to August like me?

Chatswood delivery center btw....and the feedback from Telsa was pretty much...you'll get it when you get it....just wait....
Sorry to hear that
I really wish they could be a bit more empathetic

I spoke to someone today who was borderline rude and refused to comment on if they were tracking in line with their projections of delivering cars before EOFY

I swear everytime I speak to someone they give me a little bit of hope and then the next person will contradict what the last person says

Anyone else in Sydney who was on Grand Eagle had their EDD pushed to August like me?
Are you sure it was on the Grand Eagle?

irly leapt to log in quicksticks!
I had just sent an sms to someone when the sms popped up. It was an immediate reply. Was lucky though cos today was busy and had several sms/emails lined up from the morning

Though the delivery scheduling link is valid for 24hrs. What that means I don't know. Maybe they send only enough sms to cover the available delivery slots for that batch of sms

Last edited:
Are you sure it was on the Grand Eagle?
As sure as you can be considering....

Build 24/4/2023
RAV 18/05/2023
SMS "prepare for delivery" 14 Jun
EDD's shift same as everyone else (until today).

I'm wondering if there's been some sort of fault/issue/biosecurity concern that needs time.

Or maybe it's just delays at Chatswood delivery center....but then why not offer delivery at Alexandria/Parramatta instead?

As to offers of some sort of compensation - I asked that and was told bluntly that was unreasonable as the delays are not in their control and I'd just have to wait or cancel the order and someone else would gladly take the car.

If I didn't already have the charger installed at home I'd be cancelling at this point from that attitude and taking my money to a Mercedes GLC300 - EV be damned.

As it stands - this is the last Telsa I'll ever have at this point. They have a lot to learn (if they even want to)

I agree that longer following distances are a good idea. One thing I don't like about the Kona is that it's longest following distance is still not adequate for highway speeds (only about 2 seconds behind the car in front at 100kph). I am hoping the Tesla TACC is better.
The TACC follow distance setting actually seems to be a time rather than distance - so it winds out a bit as you go faster.

• Informative
Reactions: JonDarian
As sure as you can be considering....

Build 24/4/2023
RAV 18/05/2023
SMS "prepare for delivery" 14 Jun
EDD's shift same as everyone else (until today).

I'm wondering if there's been some sort of fault/issue/biosecurity concern that needs time.

Or maybe it's just delays at Chatswood delivery center....but then why not offer delivery at Alexandria/Parramatta instead?

As to offers of some sort of compensation - I asked that and was told bluntly that was unreasonable as the delays are not in their control and I'd just have to wait or cancel the order and someone else would gladly take the car.

If I didn't already have the charger installed at home I'd be cancelling at this point from that attitude and taking my money to a Mercedes GLC300 - EV be damned.

As it stands - this is the last Telsa I'll ever have at this point. They have a lot to learn (if they even want to)
That's weird - so far no SMS but my delivery EDD hasn't changed. My delivery centre is Alexandria though....
So did most people get the SMS now? @LWR15K did u get yours too?

The other part in their control is not misleading especially in terms of EOFY as many of us planned based on that and it impacts our finances quite a lot.
In their defence the timeframes under regular conditions were probably reasonable. Port delays and movements of cars by freight haven’t improved. They could have been more forethcoming with communication and realistic rather than optimistic I’ll agree.

Reactions: LWR15K
I'm really hoping for today... my EDD is still showing 21 June to 12 July.

Gives me hope but not much, like many others I've had it previously change while in the delivery window.

Ideally I need the car before July but at worst if it is registered this fin year I beleive that will still be sufficient. fingers crossed

Good luck to other waiting and those who need it urgently as well 🙏

Reactions: Hoon and satred