Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now I have a difficult choice to make

MY LR
Pros
Better range
Charging on the road, many times better
Nice acceleration
AWD
No FBT
Cons
Pretty basic car
Looks; bearable.
Teslavision (scared)
With so many selling, resale value?

iX3
Pros
A rproper car with a decent look
All the bells and whistles
The radar can see through the rain
6 Year service included
Cons
RWD
Range and charging, a biggie
Boot space
FBT

I have to make up my mind in the end, but any input will be most appreciated
what is the delivery date for the ix3?

We had a look at Mercedes before ordering the Tesla, they said it’s greater than 12 month wait. They said availability is similar with all European manufacturers.

We went with Tesla because it’s made from the ground up as an EV. The space in a Tesla was non comparable with all other ICE converted cars.

Btw, this being a Tesla forum, you’ll find it very difficult to find anyone on this forum picking any other car.

Any recommendations where to get tesla accessories and what brands are good?
I like Tessories and Braumach.

This is my obligatory exit post where I get to say delivery day finally arrived! Ordered 2nd week of Jan 2023 collected 16 June 2023. Blue/black Y RWD.

Thanks for all the details on how the delivery process works, reading these posts has not just saved much back-and-forth to Tesla but also made the wait more bearable.

And I just want to say, for those concerned about the firmness of the suspension: I'm coming from a MK7 golf and I find the Y to be not just tolerable, but actually very pleasant - possibly more than the golf on SA roads. It's really good.

Good luck y'all, it's going to be worth the wait! Lots of deliveries going out at the moment.

Dave

Hi All,

I placed my order at the start of June (Standard RWD) and was given a 3 month delivery window of Jun-Aug. Didn't think anything of it and wasn't expecting anything anytime soon.

Got a text from my novated lease company that my vehicle estimated delivery was set for 30/7 at 2 pm but I haven't gotten any update from Tesla themselves and my account still shows a window.

Is this just a phantom figure given to me by the lease company or is Tesla sending them the updates?

For all the poor peeps like me whose EDD has changed to July 7 - July 28, I have some news. I just got off the phone to Tesla and queried them why so long and they said it was a system thing done to show those cars were definitely not getting delivered before EOFY. That’s the bad news. Good news is that they expect the cars to get delivered towards the front half of that range which I would be happy with.
Well Tesla has now updated the EDD to July 2 - July 23. I guess they are keen on delivering earlier in July for the Grand Eagle cars. Not sure what’s up with the July 2 date as that is a Sunday and I thought they didn’t deliver on Sundays. Will be mighty pissed off if they only give a July 3 pickup date as I’m still away then. They better not force another car swap on me…

Hi All,

I placed my order at the start of June (Standard RWD) and was given a 3 month delivery window of Jun-Aug. Didn't think anything of it and wasn't expecting anything anytime soon.

Got a text from my novated lease company that my vehicle estimated delivery was set for 30/7 at 2 pm but I haven't gotten any update from Tesla themselves and my account still shows a window.

Is this just a phantom figure given to me by the lease company or is Tesla sending them the updates?
That sounds really suspicious. Leasing company has nothing to do with order fulfilment, however some might be more involved in the process of acquisition for other brands, certainly not Tesla.

what is the delivery date for the ix3?

We had a look at Mercedes before ordering the Tesla, they said it’s greater than 12 month wait. They said availability is similar with all European manufacturers.

We went with Tesla because it’s made from the ground up as an EV. The space in a Tesla was non comparable with all other ICE converted cars.

Btw, this being a Tesla forum, you’ll find it very difficult to find anyone on this forum picking any other car.
My dealer has a couple in stock. Mercedes seem to have EQC in stock and seem to have deals like most right now.

Agree on converted ICE cars

Well that is certainly frustrating if accurate. I will certainly admit I know nothing about ships, do different docks accommodate different sized/type ships? Could turandot maybe fit in something that the Bergamot cannot?
They have similar dimensions. Bergamot Ace 186/28m and Turandot 199/32m. Current schedule for Turandot holding at 27/Jun and Bergamot Ace currently scheduled afterwards on 28/Jun. Subject to change.

Ordered a Model Y Std in red at the end of Feb. After the EDD changed thrice, I was advised recently (lease purchase) that it is now 17/7. Got the VIN and was able to see on the Molace website that it is on the Bergamot Ace which has been floating around Melbourne since 20/6. Port website just schedule it to dock on 28/6 at 8:30. Just thought I’d share for the benefit of any fellow Melburninans as I’ve been obsessively watching the vessel on the map daily 😢

Reactions: aus_y
Any recommendations where to get tesla accessories and what brands are good?
I just put up a new thread specific for this question. I noticed these questions were getting lost in the waiting room. You might want to post it on the new Australia Tesla Ceramic Coating, PPF, Tinting and other Accessories thread and hopefully we can get some traction and replies happening that don’t get lost. I’m still doing research into all these whilst waiting for the Tesla.

That wouldn't explain the Turandot vessel (currently in waters of the NSW coast) being scheduled ahead of the Bergamot Ace vessel which is ready to berth.
The port schedules are just as bad as the Tesla EDDs - the given dates are always much more optimistic than reality.

There's no point trying to make sense of them. Expect the Turandot schedule to be pushed back as well, just like every other ship has been this year.

The port schedules are just as bad as the Tesla EDDs - the given dates are always much more optimistic than reality.

There's no point trying to make sense of them. Expect the Turandot schedule to be pushed back as well, just like every other ship has been this year.
I know what you mean. There are a never ending number of events that can delay the unloading of a RoRo vessel.

I would expect the order of the schedule to be relatively consistent (assuming vessels are available to berth) even if the dates continually get extended.