Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where are you getting this info? It's still not listed on the port Melbourne page, and that's currently out to the 26th...

Though I do hope you're correct!
Screenshot_20230623-153221~2.png

Interestingly the Turandot vessel is currently scheduled in for 27/Jun, but the Bergamot Ace vessel is still not back on the schedule.

Even though Turandot is currently passing Grafton, NSW and Bergamot Ace has been sitting outside Port Phillip Bay since 17/Jun

Last edited:
Question 1-

Apparently tesla do not provide either a receipt for payment or an invoice showing sum owed 0 on balance. For EOFY accounting, does anyone else find this an issue? or is showing payment from the account enough?

Question 2-
NRMA currently, looking at moving to Allianz. Seems to be best prices at allianz and allianz let you choose repairer! anyone got any experience between the two or suggest another. Sadly it seems they all are overseas call centres. doing excess at 2K on all my cars now.

Last edited:
The lease company said the ATO does not allow you to reduce the novated lease amount via the trade in credit. I rang tesla and they told me that it is fine. as they will simply take the car and contact me after to transfer me the agreed trade in value to my bank account. Does anyone here have any experience with this i.e. is this correct?

Yes with a novated lease the invoice needs to be for the entire value of the car you're leasing - so even the original $350 or $400 deposit needs to be paid (again) by the lease company, and Tesla refund your original deposit back to your bank account.

So for trade-ins there's no other choice but for Tesla to pay that to you separately.

View attachment 950016
Interestingly the Turandot vessel is currently scheduled in for 27/Jun, but the Bergamot Ace vessel is still not back on the schedule.

Even though Turandot is currently passing Grafton, NSW and Bergamot Ace has been sitting outside Port Phillip Bay since 17/Jun
Wonder what is the hold up! It’s been sitting out there for a while now with no idea when it’s coming in!!!

What other accessories did you purchase that you recommend? Iam also hoping to purchase through the novated lease as well after delivery.
heavy duty carpet mat that are actually reinforced rubber but no rubber smell (it could be plastic) it's easy to clean than carpets. Always put the screen protector for the computer preferably the non reflection one. I don't tint my M3 with white interior:) my bro with MY recommend the sun shade for the glass roof. Ceramic/graphene coating at least 3 times at first helps with the car washing later, so easy.

Thats lucky. My novated lease company didn't allow me to do this. They said it had to be on the final invoice of the Car in which Tesla didn't allow.
Things added to the car I believe we can be claimed later as part/accessories/service on Novated Leases. To be sure maybe better consult with your Novated Lease consultant first. So far with my ICE/Hybrid cars, there are no problems

View attachment 950016

Well that is certainly frustrating if accurate. I will certainly admit I know nothing about ships, do different docks accommodate different sized/type ships? Could turandot maybe fit in something that the Bergamot cannot?

Now I have a difficult choice to make

MY LR
Pros
Better range
Charging on the road, many times better
Nice acceleration
AWD
No FBT
Cons
Pretty basic car
Looks; bearable.
Teslavision (scared)
With so many selling, resale value?

iX3
Pros
A rproper car with a decent look
All the bells and whistles
The radar can see through the rain
6 Year service included
Cons
RWD
Range and charging, a biggie
Boot space
FBT

I have to make up my mind in the end, but any input will be most appreciated

MY LR
Pros
Better range
Nice acceleration
AWD
No FBT
Cons
Pretty basic car
Looks; bearable.
Teslavision (scared)

iX3
Pros
6 Year service included
Cons
RWD
Boot space
FBT

It's down to personal preference, but the value proposition of a Model Y is pretty fantastic.

I don't expect either to hold value particularly well, but will be surprised if the BMW comes out on top, given you'd be paying $20k+ more for it to begin with.
Included servicing on the BMW is nice, but apart from an air filter (a few minute DIY job), what does a Tesla need? I presume tyre rotations are not included with BMW.
6y of Chargefox is great with the BMW, but depends how much you plan to use the one charger in ACT vs charging at home vs a supercharger.

The MYLR is more spacious, more efficient and powerful (even more so if the $2k option becomes available), has AWD and far better charging infrastructure when you need it. Tesla has excellent track record with eventually improving the car's software compared to an established automaker (but also taking features away).
I'm not concerned about Teslavision given we still get parking sensors (hope they don't get disabled later) and I haven't heard of phantom braking issues where the driver could not override. Regarding Autopilot, BMW's system doesn't do anything the Tesla can't (apart from parking as standard), but I'm personally interested in how FSD Beta progresses - an already incredibly capable system, rain or clear skies.

Reactions: Tmill

MY LR
Pros
Better range
Nice acceleration
AWD
No FBT
Cons
Pretty basic car
Looks; bearable.
Teslavision (scared)

iX3
Pros
6 Year service included
Cons
RWD
Boot space
FBT

The iX3 is compromised by being an electric version of a ICE model. That’s why the boot is so small a most likely so will be room for passengers too. On top of this you lose efficiency in comparison to a car designed from the start as an EV.
Take both for a test drive and bring the family to see how they fit, it’s at that point you’ll see the difference the superior packaging brings. On top of this is the vastly superior charging network that will likely never be completely open to other brands. The rest is mainly personal preference.

Reactions: Tmill