Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
USS hasn't been disabled on cars that came with them. He may be confusing it (as many people do) with radar, which was disabled.

But most markets stopped receiving USS on their cars about a year ago, including Shanghai builds - except for Aus, NZ and Hong Kong.
I actually showed him the photo of my MY and he confirms he doesn’t have those circular sensors front and rear. And he knows that radar is gone.

So the cheapskate way to do it is sit in the car and wait till 20kw ticks over? Or can you just use it without a credit card in your account and it bumps you off?
Sorry if it’s a silly question, I’m new to this and don’t have my car yet to do any testing!
I generally sit in the car and do a few emails or check twitter, and when the app tells me I'm at 6.85kWh charged, i press stop charging on the app and thats it.

Reactions: dronus
IMG_0524.jpeg

I actually showed him the photo of my MY and he confirms he doesn’t have those circular sensors front and rear. And he knows that radar is gone.

To clarify, outside Aus, NZ, HK, they removed USS from cars Oct/Nov 2022. It then took around 6 months for them to roll out the camera based software alternative for the Park Assist beepy beep function. They have still to this day, however, not disabled USS on any car that has them fitted. If your brother thinks they have he's mistaken. Trust me - you'd hear if they did disable USS - the weight of complaints would create some seismic activity! The camera replacement is currently still garbage. Not only that, it only covers Park Assist. A year after removing USS they still haven't figured out Autopark or Summon with cameras only - i.e. features that actually need precision (apparently we can live with vague inaccurate parking sensor beepy beeps that don't work in the dark or rain). Not that Autopark and Summon worked great before. If you ask me, they'll probably never figure out those with camera only.

Do you guys know yet if Highland 3 spells the end of USS for you, or still waiting to see?

Last edited:
To clarify, outside Aus, NZ, HK, they removed USS from cars Oct/Nov 2022. It then took around 6 months for them to roll out the camera based software alternative for the Park Assist beepy beep function. They have still to this day, however, not disabled USS on any car that has them fitted. If your brother thinks they have he's mistaken. Trust me - you'd hear if they did disable USS - the weight of complaints would create some seismic activity! The camera replacement is currently still garbage. Not only that, it only covers Park Assist. A year after removing USS they still haven't figured out Autopark or Summon with cameras only - i.e. features that actually need precision (apparently we can live with vague inaccurate parking sensor beepy beeps that don't work in the dark or rain). Not that Autopark and Summon worked great before. If you ask me, they'll probably never figure out those with camera only.

Do you guys know yet if Highland 3 spells the end of USS for you, or still waiting to see?
I’ll let u know when it gets here :)

Reactions: LiamPope
The one near our place gives 7kW for free, then its 46c I think. I've never paid because I'm a cheapskate and just do the freebie 😁. It's a 25kW and I've got 20-22kW everytime, so takes about 18 mins for my free electrons.
I think they are all the same, pushing 21-22kw and $0.50, incl. gst for anything over 7kwh daily.

20 min sounds about right for the free bump.

You need a CC to join their platform, and it is up you to manually stop the charge when you have hit your desired target.

If you are trying to stay under the 7kw free bump, I suggest stopping the charge a bit early at about 6.90kw

Reactions: dronus
I thought I'd register and throw up my details too.

Order date 29/9/23 Sydney
RWD Blue
Gemini wheels
Black interior

EDD Oct-Dec
I checked the inventory and there's a few with the white interior but no black. I'd be happy with white but the misses doesn't like it, so black it is.

Here's hoping to a delivery before our Xmas getaway. It may be a struggle to fit all our things into our current hatchback now that we have a child 😅

Reactions: phaz
Wow, June order and still no VIN.

My MYP order is 6 August and in the same boat.

Have you spoken to Tesla?
Yes, I did several times. At least once a week and they keep saying it’s escalated to their operations to look into if any issues owing to a TBD date. At the onset, the pre-tasks look fine, I’m advised.

So, have you too ordered the same config and on NSW?

Yes, I did several times. At least once a week and they keep saying it’s escalated to their operations to look into if any issues owing to a TBD date. At the onset, the pre-tasks look fine, I’m advised.

So, have you too ordered the same config and on NSW?

Sounds super frustrating - not something you want to do when ordering a new car - it'll come though!

My pre-tasks are done as well - although my estimated delivery has just this morning gone from TBD to Oct-Nov.

Config: MYP, Midnight Silver, White seats (Sydney, NSW)
ODD: 6/August
EDD1: July-SEP
EDD2: TBD
EDD3: Oct - Nov (As of this morning)

I'll be away from 19th October and basically the whole of November, was hoping the car would arrive befre going overseas but looks like I'll have to get someone else to go pick it up for me.

I thought I'd register and throw up my details too.

Order date 29/9/23 Sydney
RWD Blue
Gemini wheels
Black interior

EDD Oct-Dec
I checked the inventory and there's a few with the white interior but no black. I'd be happy with white but the misses doesn't like it, so black it is.

Here's hoping to a delivery before our Xmas getaway. It may be a struggle to fit all our things into our current hatchback now that we have a child 😅
The white it awesome. My wife wasn't keen but she wouldn't have anything else now.