Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe not so off topic…..
I got my model Y RWD with build date of 07/2023. My brother in the USA got his on 08/2023. He told me his MY RWD does not have ultra sonic sensors (USS) and just have tesla vision. He said we are lucky our MY coming from China still has USS.
Yeah pretty certain I saw the USS on My china made MY also. Handy when ur driving in tight spaces with all the info the info thr screen shows

Reactions: dronus
My brother in the US said they don’t have these,
and USS was disabled for their MYs
71789631464__56C01DE7-CE17-4C1E-83AB-2F24C6D6534C.jpeg

Hi everyone, I ordered a MY RWD, grey, Gemini in NSW on 29th Sept. Estimate delivery Oct-Dec.

Just wondering if it's normally toward the end of the estimation range, by Dec? Hopefully before Christmas to have time explore the car & take it on a road trip, can't wait.

Also, has anyone claim NSW $3,000 rebate? They advise on website that the waiting time won't affect the eligibility of the rebate, which means we can claim while we're waiting. Has anyone try to claim during waiting time? what docs needed?

Thanks a lot for all support!

My brother in the US said they don’t have these,
and USS was disabled for their MYs
USS hasn't been disabled on cars that came with them. He may be confusing it (as many people do) with radar, which was disabled.

But most markets stopped receiving USS on their cars about a year ago, including Shanghai builds - except for Aus, NZ and Hong Kong.

Reactions: dronus and Jules22
So question, my VIN has now appeared in the RAV https://rav.infrastructure.gov.au/ its supposed to be on the Marguerite Ace, but its currently in Singapore about a week away, do they usually put it in earlier? Thought it only got put in after arriving. Build date is 13th september, in WA.
While i cant answer the question about the VIN, that is so exciting its on its way! 😁😄😄

Hi everyone, I ordered a MY RWD, grey, Gemini in NSW on 29th Sept. Estimate delivery Oct-Dec.

Just wondering if it's normally toward the end of the estimation range, by Dec? Hopefully before Christmas to have time explore the car & take it on a road trip, can't wait.

Also, has anyone claim NSW $3,000 rebate? They advise on website that the waiting time won't affect the eligibility of the rebate, which means we can claim while we're waiting. Has anyone try to claim during waiting time? what docs needed?

Thanks a lot for all support!
My wife ordered her Model Y 17th August (LR, Blue, White interior, Geminis) and it said Sep-Nov delivery and she picked it up on September 8. I think it just depends on what config and whether there is any unallocated stock in that configuration currently in transit.

My wife ordered her Model Y 17th August (LR, Blue, White interior, Geminis) and it said Sep-Nov delivery and she picked it up on September 8. I think it just depends on what config and whether there is any unallocated stock in that configuration currently in transit.
Yeah, I believe some “instant” delivery like this is because there’re some last minute cancellation. Your configurations are even less common than mine. Have heard some orders got delivered only 1-2 weeks as well, but pretty sure the average time frame should be 2-3 months now. Hopefully I can get it before Christmas as a big gift for me 😅

Yeah, I believe some “instant” delivery like this is because there’re some last minute cancellation. Your configurations are even less common than mine. Have heard some orders got delivered only 1-2 weeks as well, but pretty sure the average time frame should be 2-3 months now. Hopefully I can get it before Christmas as a big gift for me 😅
We hope so too!!

My MY rwd took 4 months so ours went beyond the EDD. Just have to be patient! Worth the wait. Driven 1000km so far and spent a mix of around $74 on home(60%) and super charging(30%).

We have 3 phase power at home too, and putting in new 11.5kw charger soon.

Good luck! She got the message that she had a car allocated the same day she ordered for what its worth.