Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m also overseas almost all of November. Planning to contact Tesla to let them know but worse case scenario I’ve got someone willing to pick it up for me, would loved to do it myself though.

Try speaking will Tesla to let them know and push out your pickup date once you get your text to schedule pickup

I order on 14 AUG. MYLR White with black interior and 19" wheels
I spoke to Tesla this morning and the guidance was the current flurry of allocations are for shipment of RWD that has just left Shanghai (not sure if that’s true)… and expecting next ship leaving Shanghai will be with LR on board. He would not commit, but I am guessing that will be the Morning Cello scheduled for 12Oct… hoping mine is on that!

Reactions: dronus
I spoke to Tesla this morning and the guidance was the current flurry of allocations are for shipment of RWD that has just left Shanghai (not sure if that’s true)… and expecting next ship leaving Shanghai will be with LR on board. He would not commit, but I am guessing that will be the Morning Cello scheduled for 12Oct… hoping mine is on that!

Mine is a MY Performance and on the Glovis Caravel that is currently on the way - just got the VIN yesterday and tighten delivery timeline.

...and according to ship tracking (MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic) Morning Cello is not expected to arrive Shanghai until 13Oct, so with docking delays and then loading, expect would be a few more days after that before it is on the move and we might know :(

Welp, think Tesla messed me up a little. Got an email a couple weeks back saying its on board the Marguerite Ace heading to fremantle for the 10th. Turns out doing a MolAce search its currently sitting in Singapore awaiting another vessel to bring it over in a few weeks.

New ship arriving into WA around 27th October on SWALLOW ACE now...urgh how to get played 101, might check inventory delivery timeframes and switch if it gets me the car earlier.

Order Date: September 20th | Model Y Performance

ETA: Nov 15th - Dec 5th

Does anyone have an indication of when in the 3-week window pickup is likely to be?

The reason I ask is that I'll be overseas so it'd be good to know whether it's closer to Nov 15th or Dec 5th.

Order Date: September 20th | Model Y Performance

ETA: Nov 15th - Dec 5th

Does anyone have an indication of when in the 3-week window pickup is likely to be?

The reason I ask is that I'll be overseas so it'd be good to know whether it's closer to Nov 15th or Dec 5th.
it can vary anytime within that period... they give you a couple of options (days) to pick from but really they want them out the door as soon as they're ready

Hi all,
New to the forum here. I'm so glad we have a forum such as this dedicated to Tesla's here at home.

I've ordered on 28th September the below configuration:
Model Y LR Blue with Black interior and induction wheels.

App says Oct-Dec 2023
Checked with Tesla and no definite days regarding VIN allocation and so on.
So here I am, looking at the forum 😀

👋Hello 👋
Do you mind saying when you ordered/configuration details please?
Mine still says Oct-Dec 2023 and no window with dates.... so maybe mine is in the pipeline for manufacturing??🤔 Don't know....

hello! RWD, Blue, black interior, induction wheels. Ordered 24 August. Initial DD was Aug-Sep. the waiting game is painful. refreshing the Tesla app multiple times a day became part of my daily routine 😆😆