Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of a MY this morning in Brisbane. It came on the Glovis so I half expected it to smell like a the inside of a can of mortein.

It seemed a little dirty, much dirtier than when I took delivery of my M3. Just bits of dirt / dust on the seats and plastics, and the windows had a few greasy spots on them. It's in good condition otherwise.
Mine was delivered in June a little dirty inside and out, and with damaged paint on the bonnet (Tesla didn't care when I reported it). No smell, though.

I was wondering how much the cybersecurity incident and associated port closures will delay Tesla deliveries.

With regard to the hack and landside operations being suspended, I generated this in chatgbt. So it’s a coin toss in terms of accuracy…

1699703949534.png

Reactions: phaz and MrMister
You should have rejected the vehicle.
It's a long story that I have told before in this thread, but the car was delivered to my house. It is very hard to do anything after the truck leaves, and as I said, Tesla didn't care. From previous people's descriptions, I had expected to be able to check the car and let them know about any problems, and that they would take appropriate action. From their point of view, and they may be right for all I know, the damage was done by the transporter. Therefore they don't care. I wasn't willing to take them to small claims court over it. It's a good warning that you should take delivery at a delivery centre and check everything before accepting delivery. Or just buy a different brand of car.

I s

I still have no idea what showing up on RAV means. My Y has been on RAV since 19/10, but got the “Your car has arrived in Australia” text on Thursday
It shows up in RAV when the ship carrying it first arrives in an Australian port. It has "arrived in Australia" when it is offloaded, which might be at a different port. If you got that text on Thursday, your delivery should be in the next 1-3 weeks.

It shows up in RAV when the ship carrying it first arrives in an Australian port. It has "arrived in Australia" when it is offloaded, which might be at a different port. If you got that text on Thursday, your delivery should be in the next 1-3 weeks.
Ah, righto. That makes sense!

I’ve got a EDD of Nov 17 - Dec 8, so hopefully we can pick it up soon!

Reactions: JonDarian