Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So was this an actual quote from a Tesla rep, that they're considering sending the ship back if it cannot pass quarantine?

I am very curious what would happen then.

Would the vehicles be replaced if they had stinkbugs infesting them? Or would they be reloaded into a new ship and sent back to Australia?

Would we be fair in asking for compensation for that? I'm unsure as it's not Tesla's fault. Still, perhaps some premium connectivity or Enhanced Autopilot?

Still, I have had no change to my EDD so Tesla is still confident they can deliver by the end of that timeframe.

We shall continue to wait. I've basically made this forum my home now. It's quite comfy.
When I called the rep said the same, delivery still expected at end of our EDD, or will be before Christmas, that the quarantine period should be about 2-3 weeks, and all will be fine, etc. I was more picking up on a previous post about possibly ship getting send back. With all this time waiting I’ve put up my car for trade-in price estimate on Tesla app see how much they offer.

If we always hold out for the next almost released latest tech, we will be waiting perpetually. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet knowing you’ve had some hiccups to get there and are not on the very latest.

The bleeding edge is not always what it’s cracked up to be. Trust me I’ve been in the IT industry for 35 years (yes I am OLD!) and you may well be better off for staying with the not quite latest (n-1) and let others work the bugs out 😀
We might be of similar vintage :)
I was just walking past these in the shed as I read your post, I only just got rid of my 386dx too :)

IMG_7084.jpeg

Yep my dates have been updated too from 11 Dec - 1 Jan. This will be interesting.

We've just been assigned a different car (vin number & all)- our EDD is about the same-
TESLA is very apologetic about the "Biosecurity Measures & the berthing of Glovis Caravel.
Looks like there may be a Santa Claus after all-

We're you on the Glovis as well? Did you request a new car or was it just assigned?

We might be of similar vintage :)
I was just walking past these in the shed as I read your post, I only just got rid of my 386dx too :)
Cool!!! dx - top of the range! 🤣 I started with the original IBM 286 with twin 5.25" Floppy Drives, connecting to Netware 286 - height of technological advancement!! Ended up working for Novell until the mid-noughties.

I had one of the the original Motorola brick phones still hanging around until a year or so ago... and clearing out some rubbish recently found an old Telecom landline phone (you know that lovely green!) with the chunky wall plug and socket... I had to explain to the 14 year old how things worked in the days when the world was black and white! (sooo last century!)🤣🤣🤣

Sorry for the off topic everyone :)