Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, as someone else already said, you (or someone else) picks it up or you lose it. Don't forget that Tesla is doing US a favour by letting us buy their cars. We need to be grateful for the privilege and stop complaining 🙃
I had a good talk with Tesla today and they are very apologetic about the issues with the GC (causing them a bit of grief) and said the options (as we know) are (1) have a friend collect the car; or (2) have the car delivered to my home and have a neighbour sign for the car; or (3) cancel the order as a last resort. However, they also said they would do whatever they could to facilitate a delivery so if I was away for xmas and returning a day or two after the 7 day pick up window, they would try and make it work for a delayed delivery but the discussion needs to happen closer to the time.

I can’t believe the variability with the different quotes everyone is seeing. Mine for MYLR came in at just under $1500 per annum, with $1k excess, full glass, choice of repairer, garaged overnight, parked in car park on work days and 20k km a year. Other quotes ranged from $1600 to $2500 for same.
Interesting. I forgot to mention RACV quote was based on 8000 KMs pa with car always parked in home garage (I work from home).

Same as us! We were on GC and got the text yesterday saying we've had a reassignment to the same dates. Did you get your rego paper work reloaded for signing last night? I called Tesla just to confirm all I needed to do was sign it and the guy confirmed and said to expect a text in the next week and a half to schedule pick up. I asked what boat it came from now and he didn't know he said it could have been a GC car that was loaded off before it got sent back and they're going to put it on a truck to bring down or it could be from another boat. Eagerly awaiting the text now!
Just our of curiosity from a previous speculated post, what's your config and spec?

Plus I think 'no stalks' wouldn't be legal in Australia.
it could be worse..

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 12.29.47.png

Reactions: phaz
Glovis has appeared in the QLD portal again... Seems to be planned to spend a night at Queensland Bulk Terminal tonight and then leave Brisbane. I doubt they'd be unloading at the Bulk Terminal so who knows what's going on.

View attachment 990791

If this is true, it proves that Port Authority NSW is an expert in forecasting delays, with a four day window being the most suitable :D

1700023246298.png

If this is true, it proves that Port Authority NSW is an expert in forecasting delays, with a four day window being the most suitable :D

View attachment 990814
The “To location” has updated back to the anchorage it’s currently at. So looks like it’s berthing then heading back out to current location. Likely an inspection.

Attachments

• IMG_5928.jpeg
    IMG_5928.jpeg
    270.9 KB · Views: 17
Just checked my payslip, first SG Fleet instalment for my model y came off today. Meanwhile I’m waiting for delivery next month :-(
I'm also with SGFleet. The staff that I liaise with said that no payment until know exactly when the delivery date is. Not sure why your case is different. I feel sorry for you, no car but less take home money already

Reactions: dronus