Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the GC is scheduled at PK on Thursday.

Coming out in a cinema near you -

Stink Bugs 2 - Glovis's Revenge

Hi guys, I have some great news, last message I sent, i said the GC was rejected from Fisherman’s Island. I have just received a document which states the GC has completed its stay at fisherman’s and is making its way to Port Kembla on the 21/11/2023
From where it was to Port Kembla it was 530 Nautical Miles, so at average of 20 knots it should only take a day really.

Currently anchored awaiting it's slot which I believe is this afternoon, but yes, I'd expect them to be heading down during the week. Did they give you a delivery date?
Nah no delivery date assigned yet. Just: Estimated Delivery: November 27 - December 18

We are scheduled to drive to Sydney for a wedding and a week away on Dec 3rd. So the idea of taking our new Model Y is just too much right now haha

I've switched to Amber a couple of weeks ago and so far it's EARNED me a little over $50, plus they've given me another $19 credit for a slight issue they had one night (cost me about a dollar in earnings and I didn't even ask for a credit, just woke up to find a sorry email for something I didn't even notice) plus another $30 referral credit. So in all I'm in profit almost $100 already, not even considering what I would be paying another supplier.

I'm VERY happy with them. Note I have a Tesla Powerwall though, so I'm able to shift my usage to take full advantage of arbitrage opportunities etc.

Also most days have significant periods of 0c/kw or even -1, -2c/kw where I'll be able to take full advantage and charge my car once it arrives.
Yeah, you definitely need a battery and an inverter that can be controlled by Amber. Otherwise you’re in for a world of pain.

I can’t justify the economics of a battery with my grid consumption unfortunately.

1700435893843.png

1.3Days @ 20knots
And Just because its McStinky lets give it 2 days Travel Time

Reactions: cnotoham
Hi guys, I have some great news, last message I sent, i said the GC was rejected from Fisherman’s Island. I have just received a document which states the GC has completed its stay at fisherman’s and is making its way to Port Kembla on the 21/11/2023
When you say these documents were given to you, do you mean you downloaded the schedules from the AAT website, or do you work in the industry? Also, are these 'estimates' or actually approved movements? We've been seeing a lot of 'estimates' on the official Port Kembla arrival schedule to no avail.

I also don't see any departure date set on Qships, nor a change on the PK site (still 23rd). Sorry to be cynical but until I see some actual movements or "CONF" ship movement on QSHIP, I'm not going to get my hopes up.

BYD has the worst cars ever, I sat in one and the interior was so bad, seats were super uncomfortable and the passenger experience just isn’t good, no way BYD is surpassing Tesla in the long run
A relation of mine bought a BYD, I had a look over it and compared it to my Model Y. The BYD looks to be a converted ICE car, just chuck out the petrol motor and put an electric in the front. Whilst the efficieny seems to be pretty good, its certainly wasn't an EV designed car. Whilst it appeared to be similar size to Model Y, the interior/boot space was pretty dismal. Other main reason I choose tesla is "stuff just works", its reliable, its easy to charge and big thing is Tesla charging speed (super charging) is way better than most other EVs. I'm glad there are cheaper EV options out there for people that just use it to commute short distances... the chinese are certainly offering strong competition to Tesla but I'll stick with Tesla.

Hey all,

Curious to know what are the chances the Don Juan will have any unallocated MYLR on it? Hoping for a mimi moracle as only recently put an order in and said Nov-Dec but no VIN allocated yet.

Also when would the next ship be arriving/on its way?

Hey all,

Curious to know what are the chances the Don Juan will have any unallocated MYLR on it? Hoping for a mimi moracle as only recently put an order in and said Nov-Dec but no VIN allocated yet.

Also when would the next ship be arriving/on its way?

It looks like there are only performance and standard MYs in the existing inventory list so you might be out of luck :(

Let's hope the vehicles themselves don't need cleaning.. otherwise that can add even more delay after they are unloaded:

also - the GC is the only ship at Point Cartwright that doesn't have a scheduled departure or movement. Not looking good despite what some people here are saying about having 'insider' information. No evidence to suggest GC is moving anywhere anytime soon, I'm afraid.

I'm more annoyed at my novated leasing company for commencing the contract prior to delivery (they already paid the full invoice to Tesla??) - essentially locking me and meaning cancelling is not an option.
1700452893032.png

Last edited: