Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More placeholder dates I suspect, but the Fisherman Island Receival and Delivery Schedule now has GC berthing on December 2.

I can't post links it seems, but it's on the "AAT Documents" link that was posted a few pages back.
What’s going on here? Just gets pushed back week after week. Wonder why they can’t push it forward?

I thought they can send it to PK first. They could’ve unloaded all the cars at PK rather have the shipload of cars still floating around Brissy.

Reactions: inexus
Unceremoniously my EDD in MEL just went from 19 Nov - 10 Dec to 8 Dec - 28 Dec.
Mine too - EDD changed around midday-ish.
Car on GC and destined for Melb.

1700540749933.png

I feel like it must surely be ongoing quarantine issues. It'd have either docked, or at least have a firm date, by now if it was all clear.
Makes zero sense, this shouldn’t be that hard. The PK dates are obviously not right so I’m inclined to believe them when I can also see an arrival date in VIC which there isn’t last I checked. I wonder if it would’ve saved everyone some time if they just went back to China and got another ship to take them back. lol

I'm thinking it must still be a quarantine issue as well. Could be another 2 weeks...
Surely at this point (if the quarantine had passed), someone with authority would have ordered the ship to unload at the nearest available port and just truck the cars to their destination.
It feels to me that would be a cheaper option than to continue to have the GC bob up and down doing jack ship.

• Funny
Reactions: MrMister
I'm thinking it must still be a quarantine issue as well. Could be another 2 weeks...
Surely at this point (if the quarantine had passed), someone with authority would have ordered the ship to unload at the nearest available port and just truck the cars to their destination.
It feels to me that would be a cheaper option than to continue to have the GC bob up and down doing jack ship.
GC must be bobbing up and down doing jack ship collecting Uber eats they've ordered. Must be running short of supplies.

It's been so long I've forgotten; do we have anything solid from a reliable source that the issue is indeed stink bugs? or did we all just assume based on past news regarding the GC?

The only thing I remember reading is that someone here posted that their friend allegedly worked at the docks and said it was stink bugs. Not saying it's not true, but I wonder if there's more to the biosecurity concern than we realise.

I'm so over it at this point that I've emailed my NL company again to explain the situation and to see if there's any way I can cancel and weasel out of the contract without penalty (other than the 400 order fee).

I'll let you know how it goes, incase there are others here contemplating the same thing.

Reactions: inexus
The company I work at is tendering for an IT contract with a large shipping company. I tagged along to a meeting with the company this afternoon to discuss their requirements. After the meeting I asked about Stink Bugs and explained my Model Y was on the GC. There was some laughter and one of the agent's people said that while not unusual some ships had more problems than others and that the GC was known as a "Plague Ship" within his firm because it had more problems than most. He said that the trip to port was probably not an inspection but to have more chemicals sprayed. Not unusual but it would probably mean that they were still finding live bugs as its not cheap to bring a ship into port and have it sprayed, and they would not waste the money if it was not needed. He would think that the inspection would happen after another 10 to 14 days may be less. If it failed that inspection, there were two options (1) a further application of chemical and another quarantine period or (2) it was possible that the ship would sail back to Asian unloading the cars at their next stop outside Australia. He said dumping was not an option for a big company. The cars would then have to be reloaded and shipped back. If the ship failed 3 inspections, then it would be an automatic leave, but he said most ships would pull the plug and leave before that happened as they are losing money every day they stay outside Brisbane. He also said that if it was his company, they would be providing daily reports detailed the progress being made the number of bugs being found etc. and the most likely outcome He said that he would see if there was any gossip and would pass it on if he heard anything. If I hear more I will pass it on.

I found this discussion very depressing but was glad at least have an idea of what may be really happening. While Tesla is not responsible for the stink bugs it would be good if they were providing information that in all probability they are receiving.

I certainly don’t think anyone has the right to be rude or abusive to a Tesla employee. That is complete unacceptable. They are just doing as they are told.

I cannot cancel because the lease company has paid for the car, and I have been told I would have to pay out the least if I cancel. I big financial penalty.

It really is a no win situation, we all just have to wait and see what happens.
Looks like a minimum of two weeks more is coming true - unfortunately

A Model Y owner raised another concern to me - The 16V battery in the model Y is not going to like being unplugged for this long. Anyone know if this is a valid concern and if so how we can check if its going to be a problem?

Reactions: MrMister and inexus
I'm so over it at this point that I've emailed my NL company again to explain the situation and to see if there's any way I can cancel and weasel out of the contract without penalty (other than the 400 order fee).

I'll let you know how it goes, incase there are others here contemplating the same thing.
I agree it's frustrating especially as we are now in the window of our original EDDs. If things had gone smoothly we'd probably all be behind the wheel of our new Ys by now.

This is compounded with finances, selling cars, Christmas travel and all sorts of things.

However to put things in perspective, it's only been 3 weeks since the biosecurity email went out, and we're not at the end of our original EDD. Some people have waited months. What's a few more weeks?

Reactions: MrMister
Tesla's own website warning of the consequences of draining all the battery on a car...

"If you allow the Battery to discharge to 0%, other components may become damaged or require replacement (for example, the low voltage battery). In these cases, you are responsible for repair and/or transporting expenses. Discharge-related expenses are not covered by the warranty or under the Roadside Assistance policy."
"If the Battery’s charge level falls to 0%, you must plug it in. If you leave it unplugged for an extended period, it may not be possible to charge or use Model 3 without jump starting or replacing the low voltage battery. Leaving Model 3 unplugged for an extended period can also result in permanent Battery damage. If you are unable to charge Model 3 after attempting to jump start the low voltage battery, contact Tesla immediately."