Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A Model Y owner raised another concern to me - The 16V battery in the model Y is not going to like being unplugged for this long. Anyone know if this is a valid concern and if so how we can check if its going to be a problem?
The car keeps the low voltage battery topped up from the HV battery. It's not a problem (and even if it were, the low voltage battery is covered by the normal vehicle warranty).

I believe the low Voltage battery charges from the High Voltage Battery, Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

From Mr Google
The Tesla goes into “sleep” mode after a few days of not connected. In that mode, you lose about 1% per week. Now if you are constantly waking it up using the app, or simply not letting it go into sleep mode, it will be shorter

You Would think they would have them at a high level of Charge from when they leave the factory, So with the small amount of Driving they do before Loading they should have at lest 50% still and i would hope when they finish Unloading and get them to the delivery center for Pickup they should charge them up for Us.
Can anyone who has pickup a car confirm how much Charge there was on Collection ?

Mine too - EDD changed around midday-ish.
Car on GC and destined for Melb.

View attachment 992502
Same, mine changed this morning.

I was so sick of the GC and it’s lack of movement, just sitting off the coast of Brissy collecting barnacles for the last month that I decided to phone Tesla to see if they had any further information. They didn’t. I then asked if they could source me another MYP in my spec and was told to leave it with them and they’ll call back later today.
They did, and it looks like there’s one in inventory. So I booked that one up, lost my original deposit and have been told it should be available for delivery within 2 weeks. The kicker is that there is a sale on inventory stock so it’ll come in $5k cheaper too!

I had a chat with Tesla today and apparently the GC commotion was all caused by 1 car specifically that had a bug in it. They said that we would most likely get the cars by the end of December.
maybe this one!

Attachments

• IMG_0254.jpeg
    IMG_0254.jpeg
    353.4 KB · Views: 39
Same, mine changed this morning.

I was so sick of the GC and it’s lack of movement, just sitting off the coast of Brissy collecting barnacles for the last month that I decided to phone Tesla to see if they had any further information. They didn’t. I then asked if they could source me another MYP in my spec and was told to leave it with them and they’ll call back later today.
They did, and it looks like there’s one in inventory. So I booked that one up, lost my original deposit and have been told it should be available for delivery within 2 weeks. The kicker is that there is a sale on inventory stock so it’ll come in $5k cheaper too

Nice one, I’ve done the same thing. Ordered my original MYP on August 6th which ended up in the Glovis and cancelled for a cheaper inventory with same spec - was hoping it wasn’t in the Glovis but turns out it was as well. Spoke with Tesla recently and asked if there’s any others on different ships and there was so they’ve changed my VIN across.

Did they tell you where your new MYP is? I’m guessing my one is on Don Juan or already on land. Fingers crossed, don’t want to jinx it. This whole thing with GC has been a debacle. Really hope it works out for everyone before Xmas.

Last edited:
So I’m over in the US at the moment, hiring a model Y AWD for a few days to get around so I had mostly forgotten about tracking this whole thing.

That is until my friends took me to this restaurant.

Also I am shocked at how zippy the AWD is. Like the acceleration is literally sickeningly fast, I think I’m going to be more than happy with the RWD.

Attachments

• IMG_4956.jpeg
    IMG_4956.jpeg
    366 KB · Views: 19