Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those dates are placeholders to ensure that a ship WILL be visiting, they are incorrect dates because the GC won't be coming this early, they are expecting the berthing of the GC in Brisbane near the end of December making 2024 a more realistic date for delivery

Rhetorical question - so why don't they make realistic placeholders? Seems like the whole comms process between all parties is severely broken, with some entities just guessing.

I have received an email from Tesla asking if I want to trade in my current vehicle. Has anyone traded in their vehicle? Do you get reasonable offers for trade in. My current car (it’s not Tesla) has a higher value than the Tesla I am buying.

At this point I’m starting to believe that my delivery date was pushed out so far because they already had my money. Rather move up other deliveries where the money is still outstanding.

Only way I can explain getting a delivery date on the 3rd Nov for 1 Dec. Makes no sense when people who’s cars arrived on later ships got earlier delivery dates.

I got an sms this morning from Tesla (Alexandria) saying:

"There is now only one midnight silver MYRWD with white interior 20" wheels available prior. Please note that this vehicle may be purchased by the time you reply"

Not my cup of tea, but if anyone wants one pre-xmas, this is your chance.

I have received an email from Tesla asking if I want to trade in my current vehicle. Has anyone traded in their vehicle? Do you get reasonable offers for trade in. My current car (it’s not Tesla) has a higher value than the Tesla I am buying.
I got offered $42k for my 2020 Ford Ranger Wildtrak. Used Carsales "Instant Offer" and got $47k. So, no, it wasnt a reasonable offer....

Reactions: dronus
Oh no the Silver/White curse continues 🤣
Untitled.jpg

I got an sms this morning from Tesla (Alexandria) saying:

"There is now only one midnight silver MYRWD with white interior 20" wheels available prior. Please note that this vehicle may be purchased by the time you reply"

Not my cup of tea, but if anyone wants one pre-xmas, this is your chance.
Ahh Pressure sales... buy it now as it might not last... Should reply "hey buddy, that car is famous on TMC, you might as well just use it as a demo car"