Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glovis Caravel now scheduled to arrive Port Kemba 16th December
The only source that I rely on is from the Ship Movements Tab from the Queensland Maritime Safety website. I won't rely on others as they keep changing.
I wait until the To Location change to Port Kembla:
1701648759121.png

Feedback from detailer, after my model y had been sitting at the port of Brisbane\ distribution centre for around a month.

“We’re going to do a full vehicle, single stage paint correction. Under detailing lights it shows up swirl marks, water spots, bug stains and scratches that we’ll need to correct before coating. “

It’s so bad they need to keep it for an extra day.

So Tesla was late to deliver and also zero F’s with regard to handling and care.
IMG_2658.jpeg
IMG_2657.jpeg
IMG_2656.jpeg
IMG_2653.jpeg
IMG_2651.jpeg
IMG_2650.jpeg
IMG_2649.jpeg
IMG_2648.jpeg
IMG_2659.jpeg

Last edited:
Feedback from detailer, after my model y had been sitting at the port of Brisbane\ distribution centre for around a month.

“We’re going to do a full vehicle, single stage paint correction. Under detailing lights it shows up swirl marks, water spots, bug stains and scratches that we’ll need to correct before coating. “

It’s so bad they need to keep it for an extra day.

So Tesla was late to deliver and also zero F’s with regard to handling and care.View attachment 996111View attachment 996112View attachment 996113View attachment 996114View attachment 996115View attachment 996116View attachment 996117View attachment 996118View attachment 996119
It is pretty bad. Sorry to hear it.
I will make a full 4k video of the GC edition car when it is time, as suggested somewhere.

Sweet baby Jesus @Way69 that's horrible. I am encouraged to go over my car with a light to inspect for this (if it ever bloody comes), and will not be accepting a brand new car if this is the condition Tesla thinks is acceptable...

I'm also considering the outright cancellation and re-ordering of the vehicle as we have no guarantee of the condition of the cars after being in this cursed ship for 2+ months, being fumigated, and being possibly subject to corrosion. As my concerned father said "you won't see the rust until much later mate"

Sweet baby Jesus @Way69 that's horrible. I am encouraged to go over my car with a light to inspect for this (if it ever bloody comes), and will not be accepting a brand new car if this is the condition Tesla thinks is acceptable...

I'm also considering the outright cancellation and re-ordering of the vehicle as we have no guarantee of the condition of the cars after being in this cursed ship for 2+ months, being fumigated, and being possibly subject to corrosion. As my concerned father said "you won't see the rust until much later mate"
Those 20”s will be keeping your silver car nice and high if that’s any consolation :)

• Funny
Reactions: Jules22
What our options if something wrong with a car? Is there a level where Tesla says it is up to the standards and I am being too picky.
Do you think they might be even more predatory knowing we were waiting for 2-3 months and take any car in any condition.
I just want to know where to stand and what my rights are. Thank you.

Likewise, with the added possibility of going with a different make altogether. I've emailed LeasePlan 3 times about what's involved in a cancellation under these circumstances, with no response.

Looking at the Polestar 3; at $145k - perhaps you get what you pay for - and that's exactly what we're getting.

Getting really fed up with the lack of communication from everyone involved.

What our options if something wrong with a car? Is there a level where Tesla says it is up to the standards and I am being too picky.
Do you think they might be even more predatory knowing we were waiting for 2-3 months and take any car in any condition.
I've seen people reject the vehicle for very minor things and be assigned an alternate vehicle. At the moment there don't seem to be many (any) MY's in inventory so you'd be stuck for a while, but if you do some searches for youtube delivery days, I've seen Tesla be very willing to help where the car has had swirl marks etc and the customer was not willing to accept.

Reactions: VladMY
If the car arrives and its really bad, they will not give it to you.
"within spec" is a common phrase used by Tesla but you also have a time/distance driven to report any issues.
You can also just decline to accept delivery if things are bad enough.

Take your time and go over the car with a fine tooth comb.
There are checklists around to help with this.
Some things they may be able to resolve on the spot, some may require a service ticket and some they may say "within spec".

I'm planning to do a full detail and paint correction before I apply ceramic coating so short of dents, bad scratches or other non-reparable damage, I will have no issue accepting delivery of the car.

Reactions: VladMY and Jules22
We put an order for a Red MY long range on the 2/11. From you guys experience, what are the chances it would be on this ship? No VIN yet.
Should I call Tesla to see what could be available from cancellation or general inventory? Any idea how long after a ship docking, we usually see the inventory stock update?

The only source that I rely on is from the Ship Movements Tab from the Queensland Maritime Safety website. I won't rely on others as they keep changing.
View attachment 996100

Not sure what makes anyone think sending her to Port Kembla will change the outcome? If she can't discharge in Brisbane, It wouldn't make much sense to send her to another Australian Port thinking that they can discharge there instead. As frustrating as it is right now, I would highly recommend not looking at the inbound and outbound dates on these websites. They mean nothing and are just place holders and nothing more. The fact of the matter is that nobody really knows when/how/if this situation will be resolved. Trust me, this situation is terrible for everyone concerned at every link in the chain is doing their best I've read countless comments here along the lines of "Surely they can........" and I can promise you, if it was that easy you would be driving your cars now. I even read one comment about the Glovis Caravel having a similar incident in 2018. I can't even begin to explain how irrelevant that is to what is happening today.

• Helpful
Reactions: Jules22
We put an order for a Red MY long range on the 2/11. From you guys experience, what are the chances it would be on this ship? No VIN yet.
Should I call Tesla to see what could be available from cancellation or general inventory? Any idea how long after a ship docking, we usually see the inventory stock update?
a) high
b) you could, plenty of gray available
c) 2-3 weeks but who knows

good luck

Not sure what makes anyone think sending her to Port Kembla will change the outcome? If she can't discharge in Brisbane, It wouldn't make much sense to send her to another Australian Port thinking that they can discharge there instead.
I think people suggesting going to Port Kembla first are suggesting it under the assumption that it might have now passed an inspection and the further delays are just the wait for a window to berth and unload.

It obviosuly doesn't help if it's still being held for quarantine reasons.

If you're not assigned yet, it's probably not on the Stinkship. Consider yourself lucky. You may have to wait for the next batch in 2024 to be assigned but it's better than this mess.

Not sure what makes anyone think sending her to Port Kembla will change the outcome? If she can't discharge in Brisbane, It wouldn't make much sense to send her to another Australian Port thinking that they can discharge there instead. As frustrating as it is right now, I would highly recommend not looking at the inbound and outbound dates on these websites. They mean nothing and are just place holders and nothing more. The fact of the matter is that nobody really knows when/how/if this situation will be resolved. Trust me, this situation is terrible for everyone concerned at every link in the chain is doing their best I've read countless comments here along the lines of "Surely they can........" and I can promise you, if it was that easy you would be driving your cars now. I even read one comment about the Glovis Caravel having a similar incident in 2018. I can't even begin to explain how irrelevant that is to what is happening today.
Not quite - Brisbane is the first port of entry to Straya, so all quarantine related matters will be dealt there before they can be discharged to other ports. So once QSHIPS has a departure date to PK, it means it's cleared and the only issue stopping it from docking at PK is AAT work schedules (i.e. it will need to wait their turn).

Unless of course there is yet another unresolved quarantine issue that wasn't picked up at Brissy but is at PK..

I think you could find some information about this stuff on the port authority and DAFF websites etc... but they don't make very interesting reading.