Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh yes, of course. Back to exile. They will sing for Elon on the high seas...

Oh, Tesla Model Y, sleek and divine, Trapped on a ship in quarantine's confine,
Amidst the waves near Brisbane's shore, A curious plight you're forced to endure.
Surrounded by stinkbugs, a buzzing crew, Cutting laps in waters, endless blue.
Elon's creation, a marvel so grand, Now held captive in this peculiar stand.
Your silent hum drowned by bugs' uproar, Yet, your spirit shines, resilient to the core.
In quarantine's embrace, a hesitant stay, Elon Musk's aid seems far away.
But fear not, dear Tesla, in this ordeal, For hope's the wind beneath each wheel.
Though stuck amidst this curious scene, Y our essence glows, steadfast and keen.
Your metal frame may dwell confined, Yet, in dreams, your prowess will unwind.
Elon's touch, a beacon to anticipate, Rescue's promise beyond this wait.
So, sail on, brave Tesla, through bug-filled air, Endurance within, a story to share.
In quarantine's dance, a temporary waltz, Soon freed by Musk's commanding exalts.
1701687354891.png

• Funny
Reactions: onmyway and Bud_Fox
A bit of sea just offshore from point Cartwright. It's the 'waiting place' where ships are sent out to pasture, until it's time to come back to dock. It's been GC's home since late October
Stinkship is heading back out to that same spot to cut more laps and burn more fuel until the 10th or the 11th when it’s supposedly scheduled back to dock and unload. Bit of excitement over the last few days but now back to More waiting… not sure if I’m glad or sad that the car is still on the Stinkship after seeing those photos of the black MY having the paint defects…🤔

Stinkship is heading back out to that same spot to cut more laps and burn more fuel until the 10th or the 11th when it’s supposedly scheduled back to dock and unload. Bit of excitement over the last few days but now back to More waiting… not sure if I’m glad or sad that the car is still on the Stinkship after seeing those photos of the black MY having the paint defects…🤔
True, though no telling if our cars will also hang out at Port Kembla for a month after being uploaded. I'm not too concerned about this part as it will live outside our house under a tree getting shat on every day anyway, once delivered.

Reactions: dronus
Just cancelled my MY LR in black, with white interiour, and 20" wheels. It was on the Don Juan, and is waiting for pickup in Melbourne if anyone wants to swap. My business just lost a key client, so we're going to have some tough times, and it didn't seem sensible to proceed with the purchase right now. Waaaaaaaah! (dream car, gone)

True, though no telling if our cars will also hang out at Port Kembla for a month after being uploaded. I'm not too concerned about this part as it will live outside our house under a tree getting shat on every day anyway, once delivered.
its funny huh, when i bought my last car i was washing it weekly, polishing it, paranoid about everything. Then after a while you just drive it, look after it, but accept that it will be dirty from time to time (or always).

So gentlemen, I inquired yesterday about any possibility of swapping IF a blue car became available for NSW. I said "due to the time waiting I have decided I don't mind if it's white or black interior".
I was asked if I wanted an order change request and I said sure but don't change anything and call me first (novated lease reasons)

They've swapped me to white without that call back. I know that we miscommunicated but I've now lost my car on the GC and am back in the queue again from scratch.

Dunno how I feel about this.

So gentlemen, I inquired yesterday about any possibility of swapping IF a blue car became available for NSW. I said "due to the time waiting I have decided I don't mind if it's white or black interior".
I was asked if I wanted an order change request and I said sure but don't change anything and call me first (novated lease reasons)

They've swapped me to white without that call back. I know that we miscommunicated but I've now lost my car on the GC and am back in the queue again from scratch.

Pay in cash. People opt for a novated lease primarily when interest rates are elevated.

• Disagree
Reactions: Tony Soprano

What was your car's original config ?

When I swapped to LR last week, I went back in the queue and for now I don’t have EDD or VIN. Just says Dec-Jan but I believe it will be in March sometime. I was told that the LR has the longest wait.

Alright, a few quick calls to Tesla and they have managed to reverse this little kerfuffle.

I got my original VIN back.
However my EDD has changed.
Screenshot_20231205_114346_Tesla.jpg

Question for owners - can you get your MY to direct the airflow above the steering wheel on the driver's side? I adjust the airflow and it will direct down, but not really above the middle of the steering wheel, even though the graphic indicates that it should be. Just wondering if this is an issue with my car, or that's just how it is?