Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Tesla today to see if there was any news and as usual they don't tell you anything except you will be updated once there is news,
I Understand you can promise anything but it would be good if they could at lest give us an Update on the current situation and why the GC just had shore leave over the weekend at the Grain Terminal.

I'm Note sure if they have been told not to say anything but it seams we no more about GC Movements then the Sales People do, I wish there Logistics team would give an update.

Its a but Surprising that non of this has been reported in the news anywhere, I'm not saying it should be on TV but at least an Internet article.

I just get this strange feeling that because of Tesla's mistake with my order and now showing a later EDD, that I'm now at the back of the "queue" for scheduling a delivery date when these damn cars finally arrive.
Do we know if there is a correlation between order date (or RN number) and delivery scheduling or it it a bit more adhoc?
I haven’t been around the forums long enough to know.

I believe it's your invoice date that counts. As long as you order before Jan 1
You're right. Found this on: Rebates for electric vehicle purchases
Important changes from 1 January 2024

The stamp duty exemption and the rebate for all eligible EV purchases will end on 1 January 2024.

Individuals and businesses that have purchased or placed a deposit on an eligible EV prior to 1 January 2024, and are awaiting delivery of the vehicle, will still be eligible to receive the stamp duty exemption and rebate, regardless of whether the vehicle has been delivered by that date. This will ensure that purchasers who are unable to register their vehicle by 31 December 2023, are not disadvantaged for delays in delivery. Further information will be released soon regarding these arrangements.

I have ordered a Silver MY $69819, for which I'll pay in cash. After a $3000 rebate, the total cost comes to about $66,819. Would the NL even be cheaper than this?
Just a query regarding the rebate. We were told by the sales rep that only white colour comes under the price cut off for eligibility in NSW.

We are quite uncomfortable with the degree of fumigation that has happened to GC vehicles and are thinking about getting something that is already on the ground. Will a different colour RV get the rebate as well?

Just a query regarding the rebate. We were told by the sales rep that only white colour comes under the price cut off for eligibility in NSW.

We are quite uncomfortable with the degree of fumigation that has happened to GC vehicles and are thinking about getting something that is already on the ground. Will a different colour RV get the rebate as well?
If you get black interior then you can choose any colour except red. If you get black-white interior then you will have to stick with white exterior. That is for MY RWD. Anything else will take you above the threshold. You can still get stamp duty exemption through.

$3K rebate for up to $68,750 excluding on-road cost.
Stamp duty exemption for up to $78K car excluding on-road cost.

My car was on GC. I changed my order to one from the inventory yesterday, and today I got a notification saying it's ready to be scheduled for delivery. The earliest available delivery date is 12 December which I've definitely chosen. My location is in Melbourne.

I'd advise giving Tesla a call every few days, as orders get knocked back all the time. I've just lost my patience and had to swap cars, and since my dad, who tints my windows, is heading overseas soon. But you'll get your cars eventually. That’s for sure. Best of luck to all the GC mates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goneincognito