Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a new VIN in the 363 range this morning and two emails from Tesla one announcing the new VIN and about registration papers. I ordered on Sep 25. When I check the VIN at https://rav.infrastructure.gov.au/, it says it does not exist. Is that a concern?

Thanks

Model Y RWD Blue
My Glovis car appeared in RAV 7/11.
A little more than 2 weeks after GC arrived in QLD.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robert4wd
The delivery of our Tesla Model Y (originally on the Glovis Caravel) has taken so long, that we will no longer be eligible to pick it up in NSW. We moved to Victoria a couple of weeks ago. Tesla says they "will need a physical address in NSW linked to your person to register the vehicle". Tesla's delivery was scheduled long before our move, but now, here we are. We won't be able to claim the NSW $2.5k stamp duty rebate or $3k rebate. Victoria no longer offers any EV incentives.

It looks like we'll have to cancel our order and start again ☹️.

Last edited:
The delivery of our Tesla Model Y (originally on the Glovis Caravel) has taken so long, that we will no longer be eligible to pick it up in NSW. We moved to Victoria a couple of weeks ago. Tesla says they "will need a physical address in NSW linked to your person to register the vehicle". Tesla's delivery was scheduled long before our move, but now, here we are. We won't be able to claim the NSW $2.5k stamp duty rebate or $3k rebate. Victoria no longer offers any EV incentives.

Perhaps you have a family address in NSW? Come up and take delivery and then get it transferred to VIC within 90 days?
Do check the transfer fees though. It could be more than the savings in NSW....

Reactions: BareFeetTom

The Glovis saga really ruins everyone's plan. Hopefully does not repeat for the Morning Crystal

Just got sms confirmation the reassigned vehicle is on the Morning Crystal.
I'm not sure how many vehicle carriers they are planning to use, but sounds this one has most of the orders they had hiccup from Glovis Caravel

A minor mention of our scenario affecting Tesla's Q4 delivery numbers on Tesla Daily's YouTube channel. 4:55 minutes into the video if you want to watch it for yourself.

Just got sms confirmation the reassigned vehicle is on the Morning Crystal.
I'm not sure how many vehicle carriers they are planning to use, but sounds this one has most of the orders they had hiccup from Glovis Caravel
Did you ask or this was an automated message ? I got my new invoice with MFG date 26.12 but never received anything official regarding which ship it is on

I am waiting for reassignment of VIN as well, got the below response when asked for an update. Original booking on 30th Nov, MY RWD Black with Black interiors.
"We are expecting additional vehicles to be built and assigned to affected customers in the coming weeks. We will reach out as soon as we have an update "

Reactions: Winnieblue
Looks like we definitely are going to get a different cars from a different ship. The GC is heading to Korea
IMG_5534.jpeg

I am waiting for reassignment of VIN as well, got the below response when asked for an update. Original booking on 30th Nov, MY RWD Black with Black interiors.
"We are expecting additional vehicles to be built and assigned to affected customers in the coming weeks. We will reach out as soon as we have an update "

I placed my order a week before, MY RWD White with Black interiors and there still no update yet.

My main concern is those affected vehicles already went back to Shanghai, is Tesla going to change the VIN on those affected vehicles and treated as new production and ship it to us?

Otherwise what they going to do with those affected vehicles?

• Funny
Reactions: Subaru X