Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like MC is on the move! draught dropped from 9.3m to 8.7m (lots of cars unloaded!). Hopefully it shows up on the Port Melbourne Vessel Movements soon.
1705641059166.png

When I tried to reassign the GC car back in November, tesla sent me an url link to DAT CAR. Url had a VIN number in it, clear to see it was in PC20xxxx region.
So, you might try to request to send you a couple of cars to view via email and links to them. If you spot a new build then you order it.
Not sure if it is going to work

With many due to receive their vehicles in the next few weeks, who has their home charging accessories sorted? I will just be getting the UMC but wondering when I should order/how long it takes to ship or rather if I should just pick one up at delivery. I guess they may have them there too?

Just got assign VIN, I think I've been assigned a GC car (due for delivery from 23 Jan- 14 Feb). Although I probably don't care all that much, out of principle I as starting to wonder whether I should just forfeit the $400, and reorder in order to obtain a 2024 build. We did actually wait unti late December to order in the hope that we might get a 2024 build (but would have been fine if that didn't work out). To then end up with a Sep -23. build does p' me off a little bit.

Then the question is ... when would you have to reorder to ensure you weren't allocated another GC car!!

I understand from others here that Tesla say there is nothing you can do to get reassigned a different VIN. Does anyone know what happens if you don't pick it up during the designated delivery period. I thought I heard at some point you go to the back of the line and reassigned a new vehicle.
Everyone that has new order mostly will be assigned to GC car, there is probably 5000 Ys there. Let see how popular Ys is. But for sure if you dont want the Gc stock, ‘wait for juniper’ as there will be no ‘juniper’ from Gc 😊. This just my thought tho. Not ‘sarcasm’