Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe this means the vehicle has been unloaded at port of entry, cleared customs, and are entered into the RAV database.
My understanding on it is this:

Does not even have to be unloaded or cleared customs/quarantine
The car can still be on the ship but the ship its on has arrived at its first Australian port

For example a Melbourne bound car is on a ship which arrived in Brisbane before it heads to Port Kembla then Melbourne. The Melbourne car remains on the ship but appears on RAVS when the ship berths in Brisbane

Not correct.

I'm a Melbourne delivery on MC and the car was entered in RAV 18/1.
My Glovis car was entered in RAV 7/11 and we all know what happened there.
I just read the RAV site. Criteria for adding an entry into the RAV database, among other criteria, is "Car is in Australia"...

Being in Australian waters must be enough to satisfy that criteria. Urgh..

Page 6

Being in Australian waters
I think the ship has to berth at an Australian port.

So a car does not get entered into RAV while a ship is anchored offshore waiting for a berth at the first Australian port.

The value of RAVs to those in the "waiting room" is that it declares that the ship has arrived at the first port. Prior to Tesla telling customers which ship it is on, that was the only way of finding out which ship it is on by looking at berthing schedules (without paying VedaP forthe info)

I also noticed that on this page Asia to Oceania | Armacup the Paganella PK date was brought earlier one day to 27/1 from 28/1 since the last post (Australian Model Y Waiting Room)
1706056039797.png

Reactions: Winnieblue
I think the ship has to berth at an Australian port.

So a car does not get entered into RAV while a ship is anchored offshore waiting for a berth at the first Australian port.

The value of RAVs to those in the "waiting room" is that it declares that the ship has arrived at the first port. Prior to Tesla telling customers which ship it is on, that was the only way of finding out which ship it is on by looking at berthing schedules (without paying VedaP forthe info)
My MYLR is on the way to Australia on the Lapis Arrow, but the VIN is already in RAV. That could be because it's a Stink Bug car, and it's been to Australia before :)

Reactions: Quickst
Well I know that I haven’t been able to schedule delivery and other Sydney people were able to yesterday…assumption of the reason but fact that I haven’t been able to book.
With the large number of cars, assuming delivery texts will be sent out over multiple days. I haven’t got delivery booking date yet and EDD still 1-22Feb. So let’s hope it’s been unloaded at PK and not still on the MC