Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys, new to this thread and looking for some help. Has anyone tried Tesla Finance through commbank? CBA seem to have an impossible process where they dont proceed with the finance application till Tesla provide an invoice and Tesla dont provide an invoice till CBA approve the application. Stuck in a chicken and egg problem here. Any advice? Ordered my Model Y in Dec 23 and it's on the Lapis Arrow. Thanks.

But have you got your financing approved?

finance approval does not depend on a final invoice. It is just based on the amount you want to finance
However finalising the finance application/funding requires a final invoice.

Tesla financing
It's approved in principle but CBA cant provide an approval without an invoice. Have been going back and forth between Tesla and CBA and it's annoying. Changed lenders to Macquarie Bank now. Thanks for your help!

Hi Guys, new to this thread and looking for some help. Has anyone tried Tesla Finance through commbank? CBA seem to have an impossible process where they dont proceed with the finance application till Tesla provide an invoice and Tesla dont provide an invoice till CBA approve the application. Stuck in a chicken and egg problem here. Any advice? Ordered my Model Y in Dec 23 and it's on the Lapis Arrow. Thanks.
CBA would've given you a pre-approval?

Reactions: Quickst
So VIC has had a license plate fee increase of $15.25 so final invoices will be updated.
This better not mess up the novated lease situation, my NL provider have been very insistent that the new invoice have EXACTLY the same $$ amount, or they can't transfer the finance over to the new vehicle (on MC). Not sure if this is specific to me because of the sh**y situation I'm in along with a few others here where the NL company jumped the gun an started the lease payments already though

Has anyone had experience with seeking that Tesla register the car with their personalised plates? How do you go about this? (Yes, I could've asked Tesla rather than you fine folk, but I didn't). :p
I tried and they refused it. I have personalised plates sitting with Service NSW. I asked Tesla if I can use my plates rather than getting new ones. They said they have so many cars to register on daily basis they cannot entertain that. I had no choice but to go ahead with new plates. I made a mistake and picked premium plates that cost $142 rather than standard ones for $42. Tesla did not let me change to standard plates. Once I pick up my car I will go straight to Service NSW to hand the new plates in and pick up my personalised ones.

Reactions: Quickst
Finally got to speak to a person at Tesla. He confirmed my MY was not unloaded at Brisbane along with some others, they have been unloaded in Melbourne and Tesla has made the call to do a bulk interstate transport of those vehicles back to Brisbane. He couldn't say why it wasn't unloaded in Brisbane, or when it is due to arrive from Melbourne. I guess I get a layer of road grime thrown in as a late delivery bonus!

Finally got to speak to a person at Tesla. He confirmed my MY was not unloaded at Brisbane along with some others, they have been unloaded in Melbourne and Tesla has made the call to do a bulk interstate transport of those vehicles back to Brisbane. He couldn't say why it wasn't unloaded in Brisbane, or when it is due to arrive from Melbourne. I guess I get a layer of road grime thrown in as a late delivery bonus!
Just picked up my M3 and I can re-assure you it was immaculate, they clearly did a thorough detail on it, so I would be surprised if they handed a vehicle over that wasn't cleaned.

Have been unloaded or will be unloaded?

I tried and they refused it. I have personalised plates sitting with Service NSW. I asked Tesla if I can use my plates rather than getting new ones. They said they have so many cars to register on daily basis they cannot entertain that. I had no choice but to go ahead with new plates. I made a mistake and picked premium plates that cost $142 rather than standard ones for $42. Tesla did not let me change to standard plates. Once I pick up my car I will go straight to Service NSW to hand the new plates in and pick up my personalised ones.
They are so inflexible :s