Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
does anyone have a more shorter list of the ‘must-checks’?
Yes,
Peel off the windscreen efficiency sticker
Set battery display to %
Get your phone key setup
Get your driver profile setup
Better still, If you have a second driver, get that person to come along and set up their phone key and driver profile
Check the car like you are buying a used car

Reactions: jq371 and Jules22
Yes,
Peel off the windscreen efficiency sticker
Set battery display to %
Get your phone key setup
Get your driver profile setup
Better still, If you have a second driver, get that person to come along and set up their phone key and driver profile
Check the car like you are buying a used car
Is there anything special you need to do if you have a profile already set up from an earlier Tesla? Will it just auto download to the new car?

Is there anything special you need to do if you have a profile already set up from an earlier Tesla
Yes, the delivery attendant will know what to do
But essentially:

In driver profile settings: Add new driver
Enter the email associated with your tesla app
On the newly created driver - copy settings button

But the email of the registered owner will be entered into the Car. If this is you just do the copy setting
In any case the Attendant will assist

profiles work across a model 3 and a model Y ?
Yes, though the seat, side mirror, steering wheel positions may need to be adjusted . Once adjusted they wont sync to other cars

Reactions: dronus and Jules22
I wonder if profiles work across a model 3 and a model Y ?
Not sure, but now if you get a loaner from the service centre it has a QR code to scan which adds it to your app for the day and picks up your online profile. So you get the seat, mirrors, climate control etc set how you like them, and all your navigation destinations are there as well. Pretty neat.

Hi all,
I just got my final invoice. Can you confirm that the stamp duty refund needs to be paid first (via NL) then I will need to claim it back separately?
That’s how I understand it ..

My leasing company emailed me to let me know it was happening and included the link on how to claim in back

Attachments

• IMG_3832.jpeg
    IMG_3832.jpeg
    997.9 KB · Views: 29
So I responded to the text saying that the Morning Crystal didn't dock in Brisbane and that it went straight to Melbourne. Told them I know it unloaded and that cars are being delivered. I got a call from my original sales rep. He doubled down and said the MC didn't dock in Brisbane. I told him it did. He is going to triple check with operations. Something fishy going on here.
My Model Y seems to be still missing. I was assigned a new VIN after the Glovis debacle and told it was on the Crystal. The Crystal came and went from Brisbane a couple of weeks ago with many folks actually having taken delivery of those vehicles. I still have a blank EDD and no texts or emails about it being in the country or pending delivery. Both the Tesla text response and dealer phone call said that the Crystal did not dock in Brisbane as the port was too busy. I corrected both of them on the inaccuracy of that notion. So far no responses to my further texts asking for update and a phone call to the dealer this morning just rang out.

Bottom line is my Tesla is missing, either in Brisbane but not allocated to me, or left on the ship and sent to Melbourne. A third option is that it was assigned to another client and they don't want to tell me that. I have a Morning Crystal VIN assigned to me, so its in the system somewhere. Tesla doesn't want to talk about it though. A shame as I took 8 weeks off work from Christmas in the hope of doing some driving trips in the new car. Seems that isn't going to happen now.

Reactions: RichY3