Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you open the trade in portal? And what does putting your order on hold this way actually mean? Will they hold the car indefinitely (assuming they won't change the VIN).
I looked back at my emails from Tesla, and not long after my order date there was an email saying it's not too late to have my trade-in quoted. I clicked the link and filled out the form, and it said the trade-in portal would be re-opened within 2 days, and so it was. Right now the portal is sitting their waiting for me to either enter my trade in details, or click the button saying I'm not trading in a car. Meanwhile my delivery is on hold. I expect that at some point someone will call me to ask whether I'm going to proceed with trade in valuation. I have no idea how long that will be.

Driving to pick the kiddo up from School just before in our 2010 RAV4.
A bird crapped on the windshield so I put the wipers on to clean it.
A couple of seconds later, CRACK!
Cracked from top to about half way down.
Claim made ($0 excess) and just need to wait.

I must admit, I had a small moment where I thought "I'm glad I don't have the Tesla yet".
Australia - the only continent where bird poop cracks windshields

Reactions: Goneincognito
That bird must have sneezed at the same time while pooping. Extra pressure causing windscreen to crack. 🤧
Those birds can be deadly as this F-111 found out-

1706946291488.png

I've also seen one put a sizeable hole in the top of the fuselage directly behind the cockpit.

they are blatant liars lol… they told me they did unload my car at sydney but there was a minor issue with the paint, but when i messaged them they said they were trucking them up, then i called again and said there was an emergency and they assigned my car to a person that was waiting longer. I was really fed up so i forced them to assign me an unassigned vehicle that landed in sydney. They really “assigned” my car to a person waiting longer than me even though my order date is September 10 😂😂😂
I ordered in August so it's possible to have an order date before 10/9.

yeah but assigning my car when i’ve been waiting 5 months and not assigned another persons that ordered in jan
Really feel for you. Not sure I understand this reasoning to reassign a car to another person. The other person may have an “emergency” but they should have checked with you if you were ok with giving up your spot in the queue. You might have had a reason to want your car earlier too

As a GC survivor I am starting to get PTSD. anyone want to help me swim out and hijack the Lapis Arrow and drive it into port?
View attachment 1014930
Geez I wonder if my ex GC MYP is on the Lapis Arrow, Tesla won't tell me what ship my car is on and I don't understand why they won't tell me? All information is in your Tesla account and that is as much as we know. I mean seriously, people on here know what ship that there car is on... delivery is still late February through to mid March so it's possible that my car is on this one?

Geez I wonder if my ex GC MYP is on the Lapis Arrow, Tesla won't tell me what ship my car is on and I don't understand why they won't tell me? All information is in your Tesla account and that is as much as we know. I mean seriously, people on here know what ship that there car is on... delivery is still late February through to mid March so it's possible that my car is on this one?
Most likely yes if your VIN hasn't changed from the GC. Someone said Tesla informed that their MYP production was lower and so the quickest way to get it to you was to put it on a new ship.