Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1000017990.png

...for those waiting in Melbourne from the MC with EDD pushed out another two weeks. Tesla's sentiment is always hopeful, just like it was in October for my first EDD. At least they're consistent. I had a boss that always said "under promise, over deliver". Clearly not the Elon mantra.

View attachment 1016090
...for those waiting in Melbourne from the MC with EDD pushed out another two weeks. Tesla's sentiment is always hopeful, just like it was in October for my first EDD. At least they're consistent. I had a boss that always said "under promise, over deliver". Clearly not the Elon mantra.
Oh just great. That’s exactly the same EDD as us in Adelaide. We may expect ours to also move soon.

Mine got moved to Feb 12 - March 4, I wonder if the 2 day shift gives some indication of what place in the physical queue the car sits, or if it's just made up nonsense, which wouldn't surprise me at this point
they are BS I think, I’ve had earlier than others and later. If they were to deliver to you the 12th they need to send you a message asap to give time to clear payment etc. 12/14 is gonna pass by then we’re looking at march to mid-march

Oh just great. That’s exactly the same EDD as us in Adelaide. We may expect ours to also move soon.
I would bet on that Jason. I got an sms yesterday afternoon:

Your vehicle is expected to arrive into the Tesla Adelaide Delivery Centre shortly.

We recommend finalising your finances now in readiness for your upcoming Tesla delivery. In the not too distant future, you will receive an SMS to schedule a date and time to collect your new car from our Delivery Centre located at Adelaide Airport.

We would recommend transferring funds between now and no later than 72hrs before your scheduled delivery.

If you need any assistance on our end please reply to this SMS.

Thanks
The Tesla Team

So its...... somewhere...........

Reactions: Jason Ong
This time I need to vent....
Last 31 Jan, a few days after getting a delivery estimate update from Tesla, I cheekily asked if they can arrange for me to take delivery of my car on my birthday (12 Feb), an hour and half after I sent the text, I got a reply with the booking date for my birthday! Imagine my excitement! Go Tesla! Now fast forward one week later today, I have already arranged for my Novated lease to initiate payment (which will take 2-3 days to complete), took an annual leave (my wife too)... then suddenly, I get a call from Tesla saying "due to a small human error, my car booking date needs to be cancelled as my car is still in Port Melbourne and will not be ready by Monday". Freakin!!! They had one week and now because one person "took a peek at my file", they noticed the mistake. I don't know what type of system they're using but it sucks! To cut the story short... they can't do anything for me (the customer) and I just need to suck it up! This company knows that we're excited and salivating to get our cars and they're just doing anything they want... not even smoothing it over with their customers...

I can understand the Glovis Caravel debacle is not their fault.... But this one... they can't even offer me any freebie... not even a free freakin' mug...

end of rant... back to waiting... (^^*&%#^%^#%@*^&($^@^$#@(^()

Last edited:

Your vehicle is expected to arrive into the Tesla Adelaide Delivery Centre shortly.

We recommend finalising your finances now in readiness for your upcoming Tesla delivery. In the not too distant future, you will receive an SMS to schedule a date and time to collect your new car from our Delivery Centre located at Adelaide Airport.

We would recommend transferring funds between now and no later than 72hrs before your scheduled delivery.

Thanks
The Tesla Team

Hi Terry, that’s something at least! I haven’t gotten that SMS but maybe because my NL already paid it fully last year. I do hope that SMS means that the cars are already on the way to Adelaide.

Hi Terry, that’s something at least! I haven’t gotten that SMS but maybe because my NL already paid it fully last year. I do hope that SMS means that the cars are already on the way to Adelaide.
Hi Jason and any other poor soul in Adelaide awaiting the arrival of their MY. I reached out to Tesla to enquire when my car might arrive into Adelaide. Got this response.

Hi Terry,

Thank you for your patience, as you have mentioned this process has been significantly longer than anyone expected.

We are hoping to see you car arrive into Adelaide end of next week - early the following week (19th) although still waiting for confirmation from the logistics team.

Hence why we have been prompting our customers who have already been extensively delayed to finalised funding so there are no further delays come delivery day.

Thanks, The Tesla Team

So if they "hope" (hope is not a plan), that my car will arrive at the end of next week, early the following week, the EDD that I have of Feb 14 to Mar 6, is at the very least fanciful. I assume that once it arrives in Adelaide, a magical fairy will need to bless the vehicle with Elon Musk sweat, and the delivery date will be closer to March 6.

• Funny
Reactions: mpeter

Thanks
The Tesla Team

Oh, that’s not good. I wonder how long it would take for delivery once it arrives in Adelaide. Delivery centre shouldn’t be as busy here as it is in NSW and Vic… is it?

Cant imagine they'd do a roundabout way and go back to Brisbane from MEL. Either LA heads to BNE from PK (shudder) or they might truck cars on road
No one knows, part of the fun of ship tracking! LA was originally going to Melbourne first, then it changed to PK (maybe too much congestion in Melb). I guess it could go to Melbourne then Bris on the way back to Shanghai or Korea.

Reactions: bsbh
This time I need to vent....
Last 31 Jan, a few days after getting a delivery estimate update from Tesla, I cheekily asked if they can arrange for me to take delivery of my car on my birthday (12 Feb), an hour and half after I sent the text, I got a reply with the booking date for my birthday! Imagine my excitement! Go Tesla! Now fast forward one week later today, I have already arranged for my Novated lease to initiate payment (which will take 2-3 days to complete), took an annual leave (my wife too)... then suddenly, I get a call from Tesla saying "due to a small human error, my car booking date needs to be cancelled as my car is still in Port Melbourne and will not be ready by Monday". Freakin!!! They had one week and now because one person "took a peek at my file", they noticed the mistake. I don't know what type of system they're using but it sucks! To cut the story short... they can't do anything for me (the customer) and I just need to suck it up! This company knows that we're excited and salivating to get our cars and they're just doing anything they want... not even smoothing it over with their customers...

I can understand the Glovis Caravel debacle is not their fault.... But this one... they can't even offer me any freebie... not even a free freakin' mug...

end of rant... back to waiting... (^^*&%#^%^#%@*^&($^@^$#@(^

Has any Melbourne Morning Crystal model y cars been delivered yet ?

I finally got an EDD today - 12 Feb to 4 March. My original car was on the Glovis. Reassigned car on the Morning Crystal however they didn't unload my car in Brisbane but left it on the boat and sent it to Melbourne and advised they will truck it back to Brisbane. It has been a week since unloading in Melbourne so it should be in Brisbane by now you would think.

The 12th is Monday which would be the latest for me to get it and still be able to take it road tripping as planned. I took 8 weeks off with big plans. Next week is the last week of leave. I don't expect that it will be ready on the first day of my EDD so probably no road trips.

I still have not got an sms about it being in the country, even though I now have an EDD. Tesla is pretty hopeless when it comes to customer comms.